Inconsistent Commissioner ruling

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Inconsistent Commissioner ruling

Post by krazymen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm

I gotta say, this has to be the first time that people are defending teroh commish

nice job teroh, great improvement
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:17 am

krazymen wrote:I gotta say, this has to be the first time that people are defending teroh commish

amazing things happen when you dont play :/

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 am

fancypants wrote: Blah blah blah ... Whole shitlord load of baby raging saltlordery...
All this being said, the only grounds I would actually want to replay any games on is that the first goal of game 2 was a glitch and wound up costing my team the game. I believe this is a more than reasonable request all things considered.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Teroh
Legend
Battle.net Name: Teroh
Battle.net Char Code: 773

Post by Teroh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:07 pm

krazymen wrote:I gotta say, this has to be the first time that people are defending teroh commish

ty!
JMoney wrote:Just so we're clear - the goalie who has been a ZHL starter for 3 seasons, including a ZHL championship with outstanding stats (1.66 GAA, 83% save) is being directly compared to a new player who was a ZHL starter out of necessity (terrible draft) on the merit of draft position and games played?

This seems exactly like why the spirit of probe rule was added to the rule book, it's dumbfounding that it wasn't exercised to prevent Halo from goaltending in ZHPL playoffs. Is Halo a probe goalie? No. He was under-drafted because 1) he wanted to skate and 2) he said he was going to miss almost all Sundays (AKA every playoff game).
daggius wrote: We don't even bother to use our best probe player, Droplets, who is eligible to play. Not to mention that as far as goalies go on the team, Halo is basically the fourth string goalie. We have had three other people play goalie this season that were all drafted before him! Daggius (3rd round), CountryKen (4th round), Squid (5th round)...
This is hilariously irrelevant. Droplets and Squid wouldn't show up even if they were asked to. Halo is by far your best goalie.
I'm glad that my reasoning makes sense to someone else.
Teroh
Legend

Post by Teroh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:11 pm

It has come to my attention that Tijo, who was the goalie for Game 1 is actually locked in as Skater. However, this makes no difference in the outcome of the series. Game 1 was a loss for Tijo's team.
Teroh
Legend

Post by Teroh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:12 pm

daggius wrote:Teroh is consistently inconsistent. When I was owner in season 3, my team was in a similar position in the probe playoffs. Perplex had started for his ZHL the entire season and was not eligible to play probe according to the rules, yet Teroh gave him a "special pass" to play. A real probe player gets benched so that Perplex can play, despite us pointing at the rules document and being like "uh.. no.. thats not how it works". Basically if Teroh thinks you suck you are clear to play in probe but if he thinks you are good you aren't. Spirit of probe.

Fastforward to this season. Halo, a SIXTH ROUNDER who has only played 5 ZHL games, is somehow disallowed from playing in probe. Sixth rounders are the definition of probe league. Hilariously, the goalie for the other team, has even played more regular season ZHL than Halo, which is defn of probe eligibility, but Teroh has no problem with it.

Teroh tries to come up with some argument that we're trying to cheat probe by using imba players. Such a ludicrous argument. We don't even bother to use our best probe player, Droplets, who is eligible to play. Not to mention that as far as goalies go on the team, Halo is basically the fourth string goalie. We have had three other people play goalie this season that were all drafted before him! Daggius (3rd round), CountryKen (4th round), Squid (5th round)...

The point of the rules page is that you don't make ridiculously biased and stupid choices like this. The commish should not be coming in and making subjective judgement calls when an objective measure is already in place that covers it. Obviously Halo is legal to play and there is no question about it. Teroh made a mistake and the game should have been replayed.

Teroh is an outstanding caster and should stick to that. As far as being an unbiased and sensible arbitrator, no WAY.
Probably one of the worst constructed arguments I've ever read.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Just try to be certain of a players stats before making a call. You made a call and had to correct it, anytime that happens your going to get backlash. Just be more clear when communicating a decision/ruling and work a little harder to get it right the first time (check with halo how many games he played during reg season, I'm sure hed have some idea).
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 pm

l)arkangel wrote:Just try to be certain of a players stats before making a call. You made a call and had to correct it, anytime that happens your going to get backlash. Just be more clear when communicating a decision/ruling and work a little harder to get it right the first time (check with halo how many games he played during reg season, I'm sure hed have some idea).
A real comissioner talking.
Teroh wrote:
daggius wrote:Teroh is consistently inconsistent. When I was owner in season 3, my team was in a similar position in the probe playoffs. Perplex had started for his ZHL the entire season and was not eligible to play probe according to the rules, yet Teroh gave him a "special pass" to play. A real probe player gets benched so that Perplex can play, despite us pointing at the rules document and being like "uh.. no.. thats not how it works". Basically if Teroh thinks you suck you are clear to play in probe but if he thinks you are good you aren't. Spirit of probe.

Fastforward to this season. Halo, a SIXTH ROUNDER who has only played 5 ZHL games, is somehow disallowed from playing in probe. Sixth rounders are the definition of probe league. Hilariously, the goalie for the other team, has even played more regular season ZHL than Halo, which is defn of probe eligibility, but Teroh has no problem with it.

Teroh tries to come up with some argument that we're trying to cheat probe by using imba players. Such a ludicrous argument. We don't even bother to use our best probe player, Droplets, who is eligible to play. Not to mention that as far as goalies go on the team, Halo is basically the fourth string goalie. We have had three other people play goalie this season that were all drafted before him! Daggius (3rd round), CountryKen (4th round), Squid (5th round)...

The point of the rules page is that you don't make ridiculously biased and stupid choices like this. The commish should not be coming in and making subjective judgement calls when an objective measure is already in place that covers it. Obviously Halo is legal to play and there is no question about it. Teroh made a mistake and the game should have been replayed.

Teroh is an outstanding caster and should stick to that. As far as being an unbiased and sensible arbitrator, no WAY.
Probably one of the worst constructed arguments I've ever read.
Teroh talking.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Teroh
Legend

Post by Teroh » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Blitz wrote: QUOTE