BAD IDEA
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: S8 Recruitment!

Post by Watermelon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Counter_This wrote:
If you truly want to remove people from abusing attendance then don't allow probes to be played in place of ZHL players. That would force owners to draft a team based on attendance or pay for it by not having enough players.
I disagree, it would have the opposite effect. This kind of policy would make it easier to abuse attendance rules, not harder. You're suggesting we make attendance even more important than it was before, meaning players can tank their draft value even lower with a 50% lock.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
TwoDeuce
Battle.net Name: TwoDeuce
Battle.net Char Code: 616

Post by TwoDeuce » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Watermelon wrote:Blitz suggested a great idea to management at the beginning of S6 - make probe wins worth 1 point a piece towards ZHL standings. The terohkurtmoose coaliton shut him down fast
+1. I love this idea. The only issue i see is that there won't be much probe rotation therefore leaving some lower level probe players out.
Counter_This
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Counter_This » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:56 pm

Watermelon wrote:
Counter_This wrote:
If you truly want to remove people from abusing attendance then don't allow probes to be played in place of ZHL players. That would force owners to draft a team based on attendance or pay for it by not having enough players.
I disagree, it would have the opposite effect. This kind of policy would make it easier to abuse attendance rules, not harder. You're suggesting we make attendance even more important than it was before, meaning players can tank their draft value even lower with a 50% lock.
There would be no lock in this scenario. This would force Owners to interview the players they wish to draft and would place blame solely on themselves for drafting a poor attendance team.
Counter_This
Battle.net Name:

Post by Counter_This » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:03 pm

If you all are truly looking to help out teams that have no probes to play and teams that have too many probes to play you need to separate the ZHL team from the Probe team. By separating the teams, a ZHL team and probe team become dependent on themselves, not one or the other. Through a re-assessment draft of the top rounds of probe players and bottom rounds of ZHL players will provide incentive to play more games as well as play those games better. Not only will this give probe players the ability to make it into ZHL caliber play it will also grant active players the ability to play for another team rather than being benched the entire season. <--- This should be the main objective so we aren't benching people out of the league.
Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas

Post by Cafca » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 am

Do not make a ZHL team's position in the standings dependent on another team's performance. The standings should only reflect how good/bad your team does.

I agree with Krazymen about separating the ZHL and ZHPL and having a Probe Captain draft Probies rather than a ZHL owner.
SpruceTree
Battle.net Name: Spruance

Post by SpruceTree » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Counter_This wrote:If you all are truly looking to help out teams that have no probes to play and teams that have too many probes to play you need to separate the ZHL team from the Probe team. By separating the teams, a ZHL team and probe team become dependent on themselves, not one or the other. Through a re-assessment draft of the top rounds of probe players and bottom rounds of ZHL players will provide incentive to play more games as well as play those games better. Not only will this give probe players the ability to make it into ZHL caliber play it will also grant active players the ability to play for another team rather than being benched the entire season. <--- This should be the main objective so we aren't benching people out of the league.
The only way to avoid people getting benched is to create more teams and in doing so you risk teams not having enough active players for each game.
Wolfshark
Battle.net Name: wolfshark

Post by Wolfshark » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:08 am

Hey guys wolfshark here just a casual probe. I would like to be a game developer if possible. I'm into coding so i figure my skills could be used for the good, thanks!