Post by rerecalf » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:35 am

I'll do any of those things.
sidtkid
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: S8 Recruitment!

Post by sidtkid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Cafca wrote:I might be interested in designing the schedule of ZHL8 with others.
How bout use google calendars so all you need to do is add the game to your own calendar and you get notified depending when you set notifications to.
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:59 pm

sidtkid wrote:
Cafca wrote:I might be interested in designing the schedule of ZHL8 with others.
How bout use google calendars so all you need to do is add the game to your own calendar and you get notified depending when you set notifications to.
I think he means like.. doing the schedule...
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
sidtkid
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601

Post by sidtkid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:56 pm

I know that he means doing the schedule. I'm just putting a suggestion out there for when he does it. I can help out as well.
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:59 pm

sidtkid wrote:I know that he means doing the schedule. I'm just putting a suggestion out there for when he does it. I can help out as well.
ahhh okay
Undefeated in 5v5
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:11 pm

JMoney wrote:I'm curious about what the point of draft recruitments is. ZHL is an inherently exclusive league. The way it's currently structured doesn't allow for more players really. Probe is already so crowded and flawed. And is another draft league what people really want? People just try to cheat the system to play with a great team / the people they want to play with anyways.
I highly encourage proposing innovative ideas no matter how small the impact may be. Allows us to compare all the possible options in order to draw the best conclusion. Problems that need exploring should be communicated.

From what I understood, you mentioned there aren't enough room for players to be given a crack of making zhl due to exclusivity. I can agree people want to stick with their friends which I don't think can be eliminated. What we can do is propose ideas that would encourage more opportunities for newer players.
Some examples Ideas we could propose:
More teams, which will allow more spots.
X amount of games to be eligible for playoffs to encourage use of subs.

From what I've gathered, some teams, mine included would have 12+ players active for games, having to turn away players even if they spent all week practicing was disconcerting. While they were understanding, it's tedious showing up, practice and winding up not being able to play for a single 20 min game after setting aside a couple hours of your time.

As I said above, regarding "cheating" the system, Education is the key to decrease the impact it may have. They are many ways to solve problems, it'll depend on your situation, experience, your approach, be diligent. Community wide Communication :) let each other know that a certain problem is being overlooked, propose an innovative solution!
rerecalf
Battle.net Name: aaaa
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by rerecalf » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:11 pm

What about creating a little bit more of a separation between probe and zhl? There are a few ways to do this...
One way...Create more probe teams independent from any ZHL team. Each zhl team will have a probe team as normal. After the draft, volunteers from each zhl team(non zhl players, possibly only people below a certain draft seed), will move over to these independent probe only teams. The zhl captains will lose these players, but it's worth the increase in playing time people will get.

Or, the draft could have a smaller number of teams, and a limit on the number of people allowed on each team. This will allow for leftovers to have their own draft for additional probe teams. We could either elect independent probe captains before the draft, or pick them from the leftovers.

Either way, the idea is to take the last picked people (or volunteers with the first idea), and put them in their own probe teams to compete with other probe teams. These independent probe teams are not associated with zhl teams and are in it just to get more playing time. There are many different ways to go about this, and I just don't know enough about this kind of stuff to say which is best.

A downside I can think of is that these independent probe teams will not have the feeling of being associated with a zhl team. IDK how people will feel about this. Some probes may feel lost without leadership on their team...So this is vital.
And also...Without better volunteers, the independent probe teams might lose a lot. Would there be a way to balance this effectively among all probes? With the volunteer method, owners would have to realize that if a good probe volunteers to leave, it is for the good of the game!
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:38 pm

I still think that probe and zhl should be 2 different things completely similar to how NHL works where they have their NHL team and their minor team in 2 different league and when the NHL team needs people they take some off of their minor team. We could do something where we have 2 minor teams for zhl teams? that way more probe gets to play. Have the probe line ups drafted by a probe captain not by the zhl owner. Prepares the community for more possible owners. Those are some ideas we could look into.
Undefeated in 5v5
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:52 pm

so i didnt watch really any of s7 aside from the finals but from what i hear there were some probe teams that literally had 0-1 people show up for playoffs? how does expanding it help that problem

Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:57 pm

iSpyGecko wrote:so i didnt watch really any of s7 aside from the finals but from what i hear there were some probe teams that literally had 0-1 people show up for playoffs? how does expanding it help that problem
A lot quit early on because they didn't play. Too many active people on a team discourages an actual formation of a team whether its through rotation and no chem gets involved, or only good players play and the rest just quit. Happens every season.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing