Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: S8 Recruitment!

Post by Spartan670 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

ilvsntrs wrote:play more pubs !
+1 ilvsntrs: play more pubs to recruit new faces
+1 for Tenkz news
+1 to SidTheKid for giving a +1 to Krazymen's idea
+1 Krazymen's Probe idea. I'll be willing to owner and not play due to my geographical location in this world :ugeek:

PS. Don't forget to follow twitch.tv/kurt_58. earn 2 trucks every minute you listen to kurt's wonderful voice. redeem 999999 trucks for a customized goal horn and 888888 for a limited edition Teroh Poster (autographed)!
Whats that? you want more?! If you follow now, you can ban rush for a whopping 20 trucks! I say that again.. ban rush for 20 trucks!
Sly
Battle.net Name: Sly
Battle.net Char Code: 320

Post by Sly » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:38 pm

I will commentate with brilliance and excellence; you're welcome!
Demosthenes
Battle.net Name: Demosthenes
Battle.net Char Code: 852

Post by Demosthenes » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Probe is failing at developing players imo because there isnt enough incentive for veteran players to become friends with and play with new players, aside from some veterans just being elitist (lookin at you nova ) please keep in mind, Earning praise from veterans and trust that you might play a ZHL game is BY FAR the most rewarding thing to probe players.
In order to increase incentive you could make probe worth more by having it count for home field playoff adv or something- this might be problematic with the current probe set up as coaches might play eu stars instead of true young probes.
I have alot of ambiguity as far as eu players in probe. On the one hand, youd want new players, regardless of server, to develop and make frnds. On the other you dont want newer players sitting the bench for eu stars. the easy solution is to ban all eu from probe league but i hope we can create a more elegant solution.

another way to increase incentive for veterans to coach probes would be to create a rule where each ZHL team would have to start one probe player, 2-5 games a season. Youd be looking to target people like myself, mlg, chad, ispy etc .. someone who hasn't really played in ZHL and was drafted past 4th round.. it would be easiest to just make a list of eligible probes before draft.
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:06 am

Demosthenes wrote:aside from some veterans just being elitist (lookin at you nova )
Elitists? Nova? Lol!

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:10 am

Marker wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:aside from some veterans just being elitist (lookin at you nova )
Elitists? Nova? Lol!
agreed nova is nob
sidtkid
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601

Post by sidtkid » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:14 am

lmao how did a recruitment topic turn into an elitist callout topic?
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Blitz suggested a great idea to management at the beginning of S6 - make probe wins worth 1 point a piece towards ZHL standings. The terohkurtmoose coaliton shut him down fast
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Demosthenes
Battle.net Name: Demosthenes
Battle.net Char Code: 852

Post by Demosthenes » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:02 pm

If probe remains mostly the way it was, with teams attached to a ZHl team, I think probes games should count towards ZHl but that doesn't fix the problem of players siting the bench in probe, it will actually makes it worse
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by DerrocK » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:51 am

]
Watermelon wrote:Blitz suggested a great idea to management at the beginning of S6 - make probe wins worth 1 point a piece towards ZHL standings. The terohkurtmoose coaliton shut him down fast
This is why EU commissioners are superior
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Counter_This
Battle.net Name:

Post by Counter_This » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Vapour wrote:
JMoney wrote:
From what I've gathered, some teams, mine included would have 12+ players active for games, having to turn away players even if they spent all week practicing was disconcerting. While they were understanding, it's tedious showing up, practice and winding up not being able to play for a single 20 min game after setting aside a couple hours of your time.
Probe needs to be separated from ZHL. If you truly want to remove people from abusing attendance then don't allow probes to be played in place of ZHL players. That would force owners to draft a team based on attendance or pay for it by not having enough players. (In a ten team league) you could have the top 60 players all be in ZHL and eligible to sub. This gives you two attendance subs or server based subs. Maybe after 1/3 and 2/3 of the season you prepare another draft of the 5/6th round ZHL and the 7/8th round of Probe(expected to be best probe players). This draft would allow a second and third analysis of player skills and make probes qualifying to play in ZHL a bigger opportunity. This would give probes something to work for(ZHL) and redistribute the players that are active to teams that could be using them instead of turning them away.