A Solution for Probe League

Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: A Solution for Probe League

Post by Watermelon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Demosthenes wrote:If probe games arent casted the league will end-seeing new players having the chance to be casted is why new players join. Its the main way to attract new players into ZHL.
i think you're missing the point. would you rather play 2 casted games a week and no uncasted games, or 2 casted games a week and 2-4 uncasted in addition to those?

as soon as we assume all games must be casted, we're self imposing a limit on how many games / events players can participate in. its silly to be running an online video game competition where absolutely nothing can overlap. no other online competition does that.

i strongly doubt any player would, if given the option, prefer to sit down and play only one 20 minute match and be done, as opposed to playing several consecutive matches.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Demosthenes
Battle.net Name: Demosthenes
Battle.net Char Code: 852

Post by Demosthenes » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:43 pm

I would rather just play the 2 casted games per week, tbh. Games being casted is the only thing that makes them feel like more than scrub in house Games. Several consecutive matches that none sees or cares about will make interest in probe continue to fall
Demosthenes
Battle.net Name: Demosthenes
Battle.net Char Code: 852

Post by Demosthenes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:00 am

I want to start by saying some probe teams dont end up have enough consistent players- but most teams - in my experience, have to sit at least one probe player a week, more likely 2 or 3.
Being apart of a team identity has always been a high point for me. I think separating leagues is a bad idea because it might further separate probes from veterans. Probe is failing at developing players imo because there isnt enough incentive for veteran players to become friends with and play with new players, aside from some veterans just being elitist (lookin at you nova :P) please keep in mind, Earning praise from veterans and trust that you might play a ZHL game is BY FAR the most rewarding thing to probe players.
In order to increase incentive you could make probe worth more by having it count for home field playoff adv or something- this might be problematic with the current probe set up as coaches might play eu stars instead of true young probes.
I have alot of ambiguity as far as eu players in probe. On the one hand, youd want new players, regardless of server, to develop and make frnds. On the other you dont want newer players sitting the bench for eu stars. the easy solution is to ban all eu from probe league but i hope we can create a more elegant solution.

another way to increase incentive for veterans to coach probes would be to create a rule where each ZHL team would have to start one probe player, 2-5 games a season. Youd be looking to target people like myself, mlg, chad, ispy etc .. someone who hasn't really played in ZHL and was drafted past 4th round.. it would be easiest to just make a list of eligible probes before draft.
Last edited by Demosthenes on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:07 am

Quick note, if you have any ideas or concerns please post here before next week.

thank you
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies