S8 Registration is LIVE

rerecalf
Battle.net Name: aaaa
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: S8 Registration is LIVE

Post by rerecalf » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 am

Please stop doing stuff that prevents people from playing. There is no need to prevent players from playing in playoffs if they didn't play during the season. If I draft rush and the only game he can make is the playoff game. So be it. please explain WHY this is a problem.
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:51 pm

rerecalf wrote:Please stop doing stuff that prevents people from playing. There is no need to prevent players from playing in playoffs if they didn't play during the season. If I draft rush and the only game he can make is the playoff game. So be it. please explain WHY this is a problem.
If you have questions please pm anyone part of the management.
http://www.zealothockey.net/forum/viewt ... =35&t=2046

Thank you.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas

Post by Cafca » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:17 pm

rerecalf wrote:Please stop doing stuff that prevents people from playing. There is no need to prevent players from playing in playoffs if they didn't play during the season. If I draft rush and the only game he can make is the playoff game. So be it. please explain WHY this is a problem.

Each ZHL season is a marathon, and must be treated as such. You want to win the Tassadar cup? You and your team must work hard for it the ENITRE season, not just the playoffs.
Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas

Post by Cafca » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:22 pm

krazymen wrote:We want the playoffs to be a reflection of the regular season for each teams. Hence the lock for playoffs if you are lock for regular season, that way the playoffs has less potential of being completely different from the final standings while still allowing for upsets. The schedule of playoffs being different from the schedule of the regular season is a big reason why the lock is necessary for playoffs. The lock is a tool for players that wont be able to make all the games while not being overdrafted, since playoffs are a lot more important we do not want owners to draft players locked just for the playoff potential. With the lock they know beforehand what they can get out of the player and can judge their team setup more efficiently.

Very pleased with this.
rerecalf

Post by rerecalf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:20 am

Cafca wrote:

Each ZHL season is a marathon, and must be treated as such. You want to win the Tassadar cup? You and your team must work hard for it the ENITRE season, not just the playoffs.
ERR WRONG. Each zhl season is for fun and to get people to play. Period. There should never be a case where people are prevented from playing. Maybe when we have 1000 people each season, there should be more rules enforcing this kind of stuff.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:48 pm

rules are in place to protect the integrity of the league. Fun is had by the majority when a fair and competitive environment is fostered. IMBA games and IMBA leagues will in turn cause people to lose interest. A lack of rules would allow fun to be had for the few who enjoy abusing such rules and lead to a quicker destruction of the league. But you're smurfing clearly shows you're lack of fucks for the integrity of the league.

Speaking of smurfing, when's you're next smurf attempt coming, Gandalf?
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:49 pm

sorry to interrupt the off topic stuffs guys but
seriously when is owner's reveal?
id like to know who my owners are before i sign up
rerecalf

Post by rerecalf » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:51 pm

l)arkangel wrote:rules are in place to protect the integrity of the league. Fun is had by the majority when a fair and competitive environment is fostered. IMBA games and IMBA leagues will in turn cause people to lose interest. A lack of rules would allow fun to be had for the few who enjoy abusing such rules and lead to a quicker destruction of the league. But you're smurfing clearly shows you're lack of fucks for the integrity of the league.

Speaking of smurfing, when's you're next smurf attempt coming, Gandalf?
ya no.

You're not reading what I'm putting down. it's not black and white, you need to chill with all these extremes. It's not like IF you have new players for playoffs, THEN there is no fair and competitive environment. It's not like IF I smurf, THEN the integrity of the league is gone.

"rules are in place to protect the integrity of the league" - When you say things like this, you just too basik. I'm not disagreeing with this...I'm saying rules that ban, or rules that prevent people from playing, are always bad with a small community.
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Tenkz wrote:sorry to interrupt the off topic stuffs guys but
will be announced around when tom comes back from vacation which is in 2 weeks
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:46 pm

krazymen wrote:
Tenkz wrote:sorry to interrupt the off topic stuffs guys but
will be announced around when tom comes back from vacation which is in 2 weeks
why tho??????????????????????????????????????????????? just give us the list , even if it's incomplete and slowly announce teh rest of the owners
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation