Aiur vs Korhal Ruling discussion

fancypants
Battle.net Name: fancypants
Battle.net Char Code: 1399
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Aiur vs Korhal Ruling discussion

Post by fancypants » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:46 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how people will take a free win rather than play the other team in a straight up game. There is no money on the line here nor glory in feloning a win. That being said, it's also bullshit that Met's team was given a free chance to win the series at no risk to them.

Let's hypothetically say Mets had a family emergency come up instead of getting ddosed. Should the situation be any different? He can't play because of something out of his control. Why can't the series just get rescheduled so that all starting players are in? Why does ZHL have to be a test of logistics and attendance luck rather than actual game skill?

We also can't equate zealot hockey with a professional sport; the NFL and similar organizations are committed to tight time tables. Changing them due to player emergencies would be at the expense of the fans who purchased tickets to the game and the TV networks with millions of viewers.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 pm

fancypants wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how people will take a free win rather than play the other team in a straight up game. .
This is simply unrealistic in human nature. People play to win within the rules that exist. This is why people do everything from denying reschedules to choosing their better server. That being said, our team has done things within the rules (deny unlocking a Locked player) to get an advantage and so did korhal (denying a reschedule since I couldn't show). However, korhal MIGHT be trying to get a special after the fact ruling to compensate for their loss. I say might because I'm still waiting on proof... which was the reason I started this thread.... if someone on my team did in fact ddos then show me evidence and disqualify the fuck out of my team.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
LighTniNG
Battle.net Name: LighTniNG
Battle.net Char Code: 1633

Post by LighTniNG » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:35 pm

l)arkangel wrote:
fancypants wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how people will take a free win rather than play the other team in a straight up game. .
This is simply unrealistic in human nature. People play to win within the rules that exist. This is why people do everything from denying reschedules to choosing their better server. That being said, our team has done things within the rules (deny unlocking a Locked player) to get an advantage and so did korhal (denying a reschedule since I couldn't show). However, korhal MIGHT be trying to get a special after the fact ruling to compensate for their loss. I say might because I'm still waiting on proof... which was the reason I started this thread.... if someone on my team did in fact ddos then show me evidence and disqualify the fuck out of my team.
This please
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781

Post by Cubs » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:15 pm

LighTniNG wrote:
l)arkangel wrote:
This please
It's been stated numerous times that releasing proof just to please the masses isn't worth it. The information that is wanted is both too personal and too revealing to potential hackers, which would put both mets and other players at risk going forward. You really think that risking having an attack every game is worth seeing it? Quit being selfish.

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Cubs wrote:
LighTniNG wrote:
l)arkangel wrote:
This please
It's been stated numerous times that releasing proof just to please the masses isn't worth it. The information that is wanted is both too personal and too revealing to potential hackers, which would put both mets and other players at risk going forward. You really think that risking having an attack every game is worth seeing it? Quit being selfish.
If they are being claimed as the "potential" cheaters, and being punished accordingly. Why don't they have the right to ask for the "evidence" or knowledge that warrants that punishment.
mlgbx
Battle.net Name: ǷǷǷ
Battle.net Char Code: 1

Post by mlgbx » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:50 pm

fancypants wrote:Let's hypothetically say Mets had a family emergency come up instead of getting ddosed. Should the situation be any different? He can't play because of something out of his control.
Yep, players get screwed out of playing in ZH games all the time because of various reasons. They don't get to redo the game because of it. This sucks for both teams, but unless someone on the winning team can be tied directly to the alleged attack I don't think it's fair to say that the series, which was played to completion, doesn't count and needs to be replayed. If it's possible to tie the attack to someone on the winning team conclusively then i think Mets' team should be given the win for sure. Just like in the Tour de France or with dopers in the Olympics. But what's to say someone from outside the community, or even someone not tied to the match, didn't conduct the attack? Without a direct tie a rematch is not fair to the winning team either. Those games were played. They put their time and effort into them and celebrated a win. And mentally they'd go into any rematch at a huge disadvantage. Yes, it's probably impossible to prove who attacked Mets, but without such proof a rematch isn't "more fair." It's a huge boon for Mets' team. This situation is not fair either way and therefore, IMO, the precedent is that the results of the match should stand.

If I were on the winning team I would consider boycotting the rematch in protest.
Last edited by mlgbx on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by forumusername » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Watermelon wrote:
forumusername wrote:Blitzerg obviously chose to play the games out despite having the power to stop the series, delay it, or reschedule it completely

what power are we talking about here?

the rules have been set for a long time that teams can't delay past a certain point for scheduled games.

if blitz had delayed the series with his magical commish powers without any proof of foul play (which would be difficult to obtain DURING the ddos), you'd be saying blitz abused his commish power by delaying the series.
the same power that's allowing him to call for a rematch for the series. it was never in the 'rules' that a rematch of a playoff series is allowed because one player wasn't able to play the game. if losing mets due to ddos was so severe, why the fuck would you play out the series?

I agree that both choices blitz had would've been an abuse of his powers, but the way he went about it is way more unfair than the other choices he had. Aiur was missing their starting goalie, and I'm sure they would've been glad to reschedule the game like they wanted to from the start. quite frankly, I think the only fair way to go about it would be to accept the loss, but that's obviously not happening.
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
sidtkid
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601

Post by sidtkid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm

You can never please everyone in this world, but in a decision making process, you try to figure out the best decision the pleases most of the community in the present without sacrificing the future.
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

the FBI shut off Mets' internet for being involved in some fogle-esque extra- curriculars

Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:19 pm

forumusername wrote: if losing mets due to ddos was so severe, why the fuck would you play out the series?
Because we didn't know what had happened to him at the time? If vapour randomly logged off in the middle of a series, and came back a few games later claiming to be ddos'd what would you do? We obviously finished the series, because if there was no proof that he had been attacked then we would've been forced to accept the loss.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556