War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited (OVERTURNED)

User avatar
Sir
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:37 pm
Battle.net Name: Sir
Battle.net Char Code: 1206
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited

Post by Sir » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:29 pm

stealthmeh wrote:
Sir wrote:If you're going to restart the series under the pretense that someone was DDOS'd, why would you not restart where it left off? You're giving a team an advantage for cheating. Or maybe it wasn't someone on the team that did it, but you're playing into the hands of whoever did it.
We are not going to ever restart the series if someone is "attacked" in the future. Team owner and/or captain needs to request an emergency pause/reschedule from the other team and / or management. If management accepts the emergency reschedule claim however and the situation ends up not being a confirmed attack the team that requested it will forfeit any remaining games that were rescheduled.
That still doesn't explain why you're screwing over korhal, especially since you claim they have evidence it was a DDOS. In fact, im pretty sure you misinterpreted my post. I meant the series should be restarted at 1-0 korhal.

Whatever, i don't really care either way but it doesn't make any sense.
stealthmeh
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:38 pm
Battle.net Name: stealth
Battle.net Char Code: 522
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited

Post by stealthmeh » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Sir wrote:
stealthmeh wrote:
Sir wrote:If you're going to restart the series under the pretense that someone was DDOS'd, why would you not restart where it left off? You're giving a team an advantage for cheating. Or maybe it wasn't someone on the team that did it, but you're playing into the hands of whoever did it.
We are not going to ever restart the series if someone is "attacked" in the future. Team owner and/or captain needs to request an emergency pause/reschedule from the other team and / or management. If management accepts the emergency reschedule claim however and the situation ends up not being a confirmed attack the team that requested it will forfeit any remaining games that were rescheduled.
That still doesn't explain why you're screwing over korhal, especially since you claim they have evidence it was a DDOS. In fact, im pretty sure you misinterpreted my post. I meant the series should be restarted at 1-0 korhal.

Whatever, i don't really care either way but it doesn't make any sense.
What i meant by restarting series is we are not allowing to replay any games not game 1 2 3 4 or 5 in future so wanted to make that precedent clear in this case with our ruling as well.
sidtkid
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 pm
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Canada

Re: War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited

Post by sidtkid » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 pm

imho, extending it to a best-of-seven is to please most of the community. I provides a balance between restarting and not restarting.

You can never please everyone irl, so why please the most you can and find a better way to go about things in the future?
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
User avatar
Cubs
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:59 pm
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781
Battle.net Server: NA
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited

Post by Cubs » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:39 pm

sidtkid wrote:imho, extending it to a best-of-seven is to please most of the community. I provides a balance between restarting and not restarting.

You can never please everyone irl, so why please the most you can and find a better way to go about things in the future?
It doesn't provide balance though, because the attendance locked players that are vital to Korhal's success get fucked out of playing for absolutely 0 reason.
Image

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
ElTaco
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 pm
Battle.net Name: ElTaco
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited

Post by ElTaco » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Glad that LM gave power to the people (community)
Counter_This
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:26 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: War Pigs vs Storms Ruling Revisited

Post by Counter_This » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:44 pm

This is complete idiocy. You have already voted to replay the series and now you wish to extend the series? In order for this to even work, you'd need to appeal your previous vote to extend the series. There was no community vote for this issue as well. This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves.
Image
Locked