ElTaco
Battle.net Name: ElTaco
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Season 9 Revision Overturned

Post by ElTaco » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm

KagaRoshi wrote:
krazymen wrote:
Mythic wrote:@krazymen Why doesn't he use a packet sniffer like Wireshark, then? Wouldn't that actually give some solid evidence? Because right now it's all speculation.
We told management it was beyond a reasonable doubt an attack. We also told mets what to do to prevent other attacks, he does have wireshark installed now and I told him how to use it. However, to me, an outside web server sending packets over port 4444 and within that time frame another IP on his LAN appears sending HTTPS requests without having any devices connected is too many coincidences.
Well instead of forcing another series we should prepare the players for the future of this issue, instead of making the league look like a bunch of bitches
Facts and people are gonna start losing faith in the league if they haven't lost it already.
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:08 pm

maha wrote:
Watermelon wrote:Fact: The majority of those not directly impacted by the ruling have voted for a series do-over.

The only people arguing the contrary are people still in the playoffs.. and maha.

so who is biased again?
Nobody made an appeal for nova's case. The dividing issue here is this: is nova's team being punished or not? Nobody was making the case that nova's team WAS in fact being punished (this is not only my opinion).
If we view them having to play a REAL series (for the first time this season lmao) as a punishment then sure. Realistically it's not a punishment as they asked for a reschedule prior to the series in the first place. Now we're just rescheduling it and we played a scrim last week.

As it's been said hundreds of times, Aiur getting to use Darkangel makes this even more fair for Aiur if anything. They definitely should not be expecting to just get a free win because of an attack.
Last edited by Tenkz on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoVa
Battle.net Name: NoVa
Battle.net Char Code: 1522

Post by NoVa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 pm

"scrim"
KagaRoshi
Battle.net Name: KagaRoshi
Battle.net Char Code: 1835

Post by KagaRoshi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Watermelon wrote:Fact: The majority of those not directly impacted by the ruling have voted for a series do-over.

then we have mythic and chaotic, who i can attest spent like 30 combined hours trying to get mets banned, and have told me they hate mets.

then maha, for w/e reason

so who is biased again?
Whatever makes you feel good at night Water
If you read this, I succeeded in wasting your time.
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576

Post by maha » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Tenkz wrote:
maha wrote:

The only people arguing the contrary are people still in the playoffs.. and maha.

so who is biased again?
Nobody made an appeal for nova's case. The dividing issue here is this: is nova's team being punished or not? Nobody was making the case that nova's team WAS in fact being punished (this is not only my opinion).
If we view them having to play a REAL series (for the first time this season lmao) as a punishment then sure. Realistically it's not a punishment as they asked for a reschedule prior to the series in the first place. Now we're just rescheduling it and we played a scrim last week.

As it's been said hundreds of times, Aiur getting to use Darkangel makes this even more fair for Aiur if anything. They definitely should not be expecting to just get a free win because of an attack.
Except that they still played the series out. I don't think anyone will argue that management didn't deal with this poorly... and in the future I trust they will add rules to prevent this type of thing from happening. The fact that they played out the series meant Aiur still had a chance to lose, and Korhal still had a chance to win. If Korhal had won we'd not be having this conversation right now. I've had the same argument with like 10 different people, and I understand that you don't believe this is punishment to nova's team. I believe it is.
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm

maha wrote:
Tenkz wrote:
maha wrote:

Except that they still played the series out. I don't think anyone will argue that management didn't deal with this poorly... and in the future I trust they will add rules to prevent this type of thing from happening. The fact that they played out the series meant Aiur still had a chance to lose, and Korhal still had a chance to win. If Korhal had won we'd not be having this conversation right now. I've had the same argument with like 10 different people, and I understand that you don't believe this is punishment to nova's team. I believe it is.
Its as much aiur's fault as it is korhal's fault for not stopping the serie.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:17 pm

krazymen wrote:
maha wrote:
Tenkz wrote:

Its as much aiur's fault as it is korhal's fault for not stopping the serie.
the onus is on your team to stop the series if you're getting ddos'd, not the other team the fuck?
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
Mythic
Battle.net Name: Mythic
Battle.net Char Code: 1716

Post by Mythic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:18 pm

I haven't said that I hate Mets. I'm just trying to look at what the evidence shows, and in this case it doesn't seem like an attack at all. Come on now, you're saying that 3 IP fragmented packets (fragmented so that they can pass through the link with a smaller size than the MTU) would cause a denial of service? And if so, where's the evidence that these packets actually contain malicious data? There's no solid evidence. You can assume and speculate all you want about the coincidences, but that doesn't make your case any stronger.
Chaotic
Battle.net Name: Chaotic
Battle.net Char Code: 1227

Post by Chaotic » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:19 pm

I never said I hate mets...

Do I still think he abuses clicking aids? Yes.
Does he deserve to be banned without 100% conclusive evidence? No.
I commend him for being able to come up with sketchy counter evidence and using it to create doubt. But that's all it is, and he has not cleared himself in my mind.
KagaRoshi
Battle.net Name: KagaRoshi
Battle.net Char Code: 1835

Post by KagaRoshi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Tenkz wrote:
maha wrote:

so who is biased again?

Tenks get that mole out of your ass and see the bigger picture, rule breaking by higher ups during the finals of a playoffs series when the series was already finished without the team trying at all to fix the issue and ask for time, instead they kept playing so it is their own fault on that part, but redoing it because of a issue caused outside of both teams is no fair to the team that won in the first place, it is not right to take that win away from a team that was trying to win, who cares if dark gets a chance now I don't think we care if he could or could not play, we won without our main goalie, why can't you win without one of the skaters? it is not impossible. Both teams were at a disadvantage, but the games were played regardless. And once the series was FINISHED you bring up the issues in protest, it was not our teams fault for one, and the series was over for two making the season done. Changing any rules now would make the league look weak for having a commish being biased for his own team losing a game, the ddos issue was unavoidable at said time and our team probably would have waited if asked, but the team kept playing making the games final. This season is just such garbage who wants to join this shitshow? this is not hockey standards by any means. If they played through the games that should be it, get players prepared for the issues next season remaking this series is stupid when our team won fairly though you might not think so, redoing it when we had nothing to do with it makes it 100% unfair for a playoff winning team.
Last edited by KagaRoshi on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you read this, I succeeded in wasting your time.