Bitchwalking Ruling

Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Bitchwalking Ruling

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:56 pm

I would love a clarification as to why extreme bitch walking is not banned in this community. In case some of you did not know, the worst act of bitch walking was performed in the Kaldir vs. New Folsum probe series in the last minute of the game with the game at a score of 5-4, where New Folsum player PeaceOut hid behind his net for over 15 seconds burning the clock while refusing to progress the game. Nothing was done by the announcers during this game to enact any penalty whatsoever to prevent this from continuing. PeaceOut is a player that has been in this community much longer than I have and know that bitch walking is strongly discouraged.

Now personally I wouldn't care too much, but seeing as everyone is throwing some allegations over a certain ddosing claim (with people spout that "ddosing will be encouraged if this is not stopped!"), how is extreme bitchwalking not punished as this was clearly done to give an advantage over the other team? There is nothing an opposing team can do to stop this action other than sending two players behind the enemy net to get the puck, leaving an easy outlet pass for a two on one break. This action should be punishable by rule.

Now, not only was nothing said or done to PeaceOut by management for this bitchwalking in game, but I received a warning over their definition of "bitchwalking" in my previous series in a 4v2 game against Tyrion, where I stopped moving on offense, on their side of the field, waiting to be pressured by an opposing defender. Some how, this warranted their definition of bitchwalking enough that a league manager was ACTUALLY mad at me (not saying names but it wasn't even Blitzerg this time) and told me not to do it again. Why do I receive unfair treatment for this situation?

If anyone is wondering, here is the incident I am referring to in the Kaldir, New Folsum game with 1 minute remaining: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128063850?t=51m29s
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
Kaigo1

Re: Bitchwalking Ruling

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 pm

I would also LOVE to know why I keep bringing this up and my posts about this keep mysteriously getting deleted. This is really messed up in my opinion as there is a conflict of interest.
Chaotic
Battle.net Name: Chaotic
Battle.net Char Code: 1227

Post by Chaotic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Lol obvious bitchwalking...smh
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Posting the rulebook definition for punishment for bitchwalking in case the definition mysteriously changes, I know to keep multiple copies in this league as things regarding my teams rulings have been mysteriously changed in the past.

Section III: Punishments & Procedures

League Vote:

The League Commissioner and League Managers will vote for or against a League Vote decision, majority wins.
In the event of a tie in votes, the League Commissioner’s vote wins.
Any League Vote that is passed by the League Office, must have sufficient evidence cited in an explanation document written by the League Office, made public via the forums.
League Votes can only be brought up by the League Commissioner or 3 League Managers.
League Votes are required for all subjective rules.
In case of emergencies (game time events), only a majority of all available League Officials will be needed, to expedite this process.
A League Vote concludes after 48 hours, after which votes will be invalid.
League votes will be cast privately.

Punishments:

Smurfing (Following season ban and rest of current season, by default (can be overruled by LM vote if needed))
Malicious team activity (Any game amount)
Unsportsmanlike Activity – (Excessive BM, Macro, Autoclicker)
The use of any mechanic which automatically performs a function that is otherwise exclusively and directly performed by a player’s body, as intended by developers of the game.
The malicious use of any mechanic which increases latency for other players.
The use of any mechanic which performs an action that is otherwise impossible to execute.
Bitch-Walking (1 game)
All punishments must pass the League Vote process.
In the event of repeat offenders, game bans may exceed the ranges listed above.

Forfeits:

For a forfeited game, the winning team receives a rounded goals for based on their average at the time, and the losing team receives 0 goals.
All retroactive forfeits must pass the League Vote process.
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Also would love a ruling for a forum moderator interfering with me trying to get more information with this. This should be ruled as malicious team activity.
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Blitz wrote:Walking in the last 30 seconds of a game never has and never will be considered bitchwalking, please take your salt elsewhere.
Conflict of interest, I would like an explanation by a LM other than Blitzerg or Swift for similar reason.
stealthmeh
Battle.net Name: stealth
Battle.net Char Code: 522

Post by stealthmeh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:33 pm

although it was obvious "bitchwalking" it was only for 17 seconds and not really excessive enough to result in a 1 game ban (the usual punishment for it). If it was for a bit longer than some action may of taken place (would still need to pass a LM vote to result in a 1 game ban) but you guys were also not pressuring him at all should be at least pressuring him with 1 player.
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

stealthmeh wrote:although it was obvious "bitchwalking" it was only for 17 seconds and not really excessive enough to result in a 1 game ban (the usual punishment for it). If it was for a bit longer than some action may of taken place (would still need to pass a LM vote to result in a 1 game ban) but you guys were also not pressuring him at all should be at least pressuring him with 1 player.
Thank you, I would say that I tried to pressure him but it is near impossible to get behind the net in ample time to pressure without bringing two people to pressure. I will know in future games to do this and to do this tactic to other teams.
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Kaigo1 wrote:
stealthmeh wrote:although it was obvious "bitchwalking" it was only for 17 seconds and not really excessive enough to result in a 1 game ban (the usual punishment for it). If it was for a bit longer than some action may of taken place (would still need to pass a LM vote to result in a 1 game ban) but you guys were also not pressuring him at all should be at least pressuring him with 1 player.
Thank you, I would say that I tried to pressure him but it is near impossible to get behind the net in ample time to pressure without bringing two people to pressure. I will know in future games to do this and to do this tactic to other teams.
Ok I'll give you a serious response Kaigo. The general rule is that in the last minute of the game, bitchwalking is usually expected... especially in very tight games. It is somewhat frowned upon, but it's accepted in the last minute of any game or so, and has been that way for many many seasons. Excessive bitchwalking would classify as what I did during S3? playoffs to Maharishi's team, where I literally was running circles around my own net from the very beginning of the game. 10-15 seconds of 0 pressure towards the end of game is fair play.

Management will only step in if it's deemed excessive, and this is pretty far from excessive bitchwalking.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576

Post by maha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
Ok I'll give you a serious response Kaigo. The general rule is that in the last minute of the game, bitchwalking is usually expected... especially in very tight games. It is somewhat frowned upon, but it's accepted in the last minute of any game or so, and has been that way for many many seasons. Excessive bitchwalking would classify as what I did during S3? playoffs to Maharishi's team, where I literally was running circles around my own net from the very beginning of the game. 10-15 seconds of 0 pressure towards the end of game is fair play.

Management will only step in if it's deemed excessive, and this is pretty far from excessive bitchwalking.
Thank you for legitimately responding to him . . . we all have personal ideas about "what is bitchwalking", and it would probably help in the future if it was properly, objectively defined. I personally believe that the only "abusive" bitchwalking occurs when a player uses their own goalie's net and crease as a blocker. In theory that player can infinitely "bitchwalk" around their own net as long as they don't screw up their basic mechanics.
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."