Bitchwalking Ruling

Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bitchwalking Ruling

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Watermelon wrote:i've been asking for a very long time for a game mechanic that forces teams to go forward in a timely manner and avoids the subjective bitchwalking rule altogether

themusic is about to start testing one

the fact its been like 2 and a half years and the game still has a clear loophole which has to be covered with a bandaid by league management is just sad
Thank you, this has been strongly needed. And to Blitz, Meepo can come to me after the game, but as far as I'm concerned, he is management that warned me about a punishable offense. I've been friends with many of my bosses but if I showed up late and one of my bosses told me not to do that again, I don't think to myself, oh we're pals, he doesn't mean that. I don't do it again. And if someone else is abusing the same rule and given no punishment whatsoever, the rational person would realize something is up and leave for something else.
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic

Post by themusic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Yes, Blitz's stance on it is the best possible one. If bitchwalking is possible and not against any "programmed rules" then it will of course be a mechanic (within reasonable limits ofc). The delay of game penalty would just be based on perception of the games score, time remaining etc. Probably not ideal in a competitive video game.

With that said there's not really any reason to test some mechanics to prevent/reduce it. Especially when it will help the gameplay in other ways such as pace/intensity. There are a few mechanics that i'll be testing soon like water said, one of which will be a timer to pass half rink. I think doing this as well as a few other things will change the pace of the game in a good way and penalize a team unable to move the puck forward in a timely manner. Here's the list:

1. When the puck leaves the crease after a save (whether goalie has possession or passes out) a timer starts in which the team must cross the mid rink line. Failure to do so will trigger a faceoff at that teams end of the rink with the enemy teams goalie as a skater. This creates a powerplay for that team. If the puck crosses half rink the goalie automatically recalls back. The goalie can also manually recall. If the enemy team gains possession the timer stops/resets.
2. Same as #1 but applies to a skater stealing or picking up possession on your side of the rink. The same timer starts. If the enemy team gains possession the timer stops/resets.
3. Puck possession slows movement speed by 10%
4. Boost cooldown recuded by 1 second
5. Make boost steal visual on the boosting unit for the small period in which the steal can actually occur so it's obvious for both teams
6. Make the ability to block or steal a onetimer from an ally or enemy only possible if you are in a cone aoe in front of the shooting direction of the onetimer
7. If a team is down with under a minute, the powerplay ability is given to the goalie with a one-time use (replaces the current Pull Goalie mechanic)

As far as the timer goes, just need to find a sweet spot where you don't feel overly rushed but don't feel like you can loop around your net 3 times.

Love, themusic
Meepomart
Battle.net Name: Meepomart
Battle.net Char Code: 550

Post by Meepomart » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Kaigo1 wrote:And to Blitz, Meepo can come to me after the game, but as far as I'm concerned, he is management that warned me about a punishable offense. I've been friends with many of my bosses but if I showed up late and one of my bosses told me not to do that again, I don't think to myself, oh we're pals, he doesn't mean that. I don't do it again. And if someone else is abusing the same rule and given no punishment whatsoever, the rational person would realize something is up and leave for something else.
Hi Kaigo, I didn't realize you would take my opinion as an official warning. This season, I generally stated if I was speaking for management, and if I didn't say I was speaking for managment most people assumed it was just my opinion - you were the exception in assuming otherwise. I'll be sure to make clear differences between my opinion and management statements in the future.
Blitz basically summed up why I talked to you about it at all; you were offensively bitchwalking a 4v2 in the 2nd period, but you did what you had to do to win.
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 pm

Meepomart wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:And to Blitz, Meepo can come to me after the game, but as far as I'm concerned, he is management that warned me about a punishable offense. I've been friends with many of my bosses but if I showed up late and one of my bosses told me not to do that again, I don't think to myself, oh we're pals, he doesn't mean that. I don't do it again. And if someone else is abusing the same rule and given no punishment whatsoever, the rational person would realize something is up and leave for something else.
Hi Kaigo, I didn't realize you would take my opinion as an official warning. This season, I generally stated if I was speaking for management, and if I didn't say I was speaking for managment most people assumed it was just my opinion - you were the exception in assuming otherwise. I'll be sure to make clear differences between my opinion and management statements in the future.
Blitz basically summed up why I talked to you about it at all; you were offensively bitchwalking a 4v2 in the 2nd period, but you did what you had to do to win.
In a season where people have been punished for less and the official motto is punishing any action pushing the lines, comments will always be taken seriously. As I've told you before, my team was threatened with forfeiting a game before over a different action; I do what I have to do to protect my team.
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:37 am

u werent gonna win anyway come on now

Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:04 pm

iSpyGecko wrote:u werent gonna win anyway come on now
Thank you for your input. Most people told me the same last season when our teams played in the playoffs.
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819