Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bitchwalking Ruling

Post by Blitz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:51 pm

maha wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
Thank you, I would say that I tried to pressure him but it is near impossible to get behind the net in ample time to pressure without bringing two people to pressure. I will know in future games to do this and to do this tactic to other teams.
Ok I'll give you a serious response Kaigo. The general rule is that in the last minute of the game, bitchwalking is usually expected... especially in very tight games. It is somewhat frowned upon, but it's accepted in the last minute of any game or so, and has been that way for many many seasons. Excessive bitchwalking would classify as what I did during S3? playoffs to Maharishi's team, where I literally was running circles around my own net from the very beginning of the game. 10-15 seconds of 0 pressure towards the end of game is fair play.

Management will only step in if it's deemed excessive, and this is pretty far from excessive bitchwalking.
Thank you for legitimately responding to him . . . we all have personal ideas about "what is bitchwalking", and it would probably help in the future if it was properly, objectively defined. I personally believe that the only "abusive" bitchwalking occurs when a player uses their own goalie's net and crease as a blocker. In theory that player can infinitely "bitchwalk" around their own net as long as they don't screw up their basic mechanics.
That or if multiple people are involved in the walking, like swift and watermelon demonstrated a little while back.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
stealthmeh wrote:although it was obvious "bitchwalking" it was only for 17 seconds and not really excessive enough to result in a 1 game ban (the usual punishment for it). If it was for a bit longer than some action may of taken place (would still need to pass a LM vote to result in a 1 game ban) but you guys were also not pressuring him at all should be at least pressuring him with 1 player.
Thank you, I would say that I tried to pressure him but it is near impossible to get behind the net in ample time to pressure without bringing two people to pressure. I will know in future games to do this and to do this tactic to other teams.
Ok I'll give you a serious response Kaigo. The general rule is that in the last minute of the game, bitchwalking is usually expected... especially in very tight games. It is somewhat frowned upon, but it's accepted in the last minute of any game or so, and has been that way for many many seasons. Excessive bitchwalking would classify as what I did during S3? playoffs to Maharishi's team, where I literally was running circles around my own net from the very beginning of the game. 10-15 seconds of 0 pressure towards the end of game is fair play.

Management will only step in if it's deemed excessive, and this is pretty far from excessive bitchwalking.
This is fair, though how I was treated with a talking to by management (Meepomart) in my previous series for standing still with 0 pressure on me and being refered to that as "bitchwalking" is unfair in my opinion. I don't see how I get punished for such an action while this is completely acceptable. And to kwak, tell me how I should get around the net while he is clearly moving around the other way every time I switched directions.
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
Blitz

Post by Blitz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Kaigo1 wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:

This is fair, though how I was treated with a talking to by management (Meepomart) in my previous series for standing still with 0 pressure on me and being refered to that as "bitchwalking" is unfair in my opinion. I don't see how I get punished for such an action while this is completely acceptable. And to kwak, tell me how I should get around the net while he is clearly moving around the other way every time I switched directions.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128063850?t=51m39s the bitchwalk starts here and lasts roughly 11 seconds. 11 seconds is not "EXTREME" bitchwalking, not even close. Secondly you didn't pressure him at all... To pressure him you actually have to go behind the net to force him forward. If he had started running circles around the net for another 10 seconds then that could be seen as a bit more malicious; however, this is just plain ole smart defense IMO.

Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
Blitz wrote: Ok I'll give you a serious response Kaigo. The general rule is that in the last minute of the game, bitchwalking is usually expected... especially in very tight games. It is somewhat frowned upon, but it's accepted in the last minute of any game or so, and has been that way for many many seasons. Excessive bitchwalking would classify as what I did during S3? playoffs to Maharishi's team, where I literally was running circles around my own net from the very beginning of the game. 10-15 seconds of 0 pressure towards the end of game is fair play.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128063850?t=51m39s the bitchwalk starts here and lasts roughly 11 seconds. 11 seconds is not "EXTREME" bitchwalking, not even close. Secondly you didn't pressure him at all... To pressure him you actually have to go behind the net to force him forward. If he had started running circles around the net for another 10 seconds then that could be seen as a bit more malicious; however, this is just plain ole smart defense IMO.
I was talked to by management over the play starting right here ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127716205?t=06m34s ) given the warning that this was bitchwalking and completely uncalled for. Is there a reason this is considered bitchwalking over the previous example? Why am I not allowed to do this? You can even see that Meepomart called this bitch walking in twitch chat and then questioned me after the game. Why do I get a warning for that but what PeaceOut did was encouraged?
Blitz

Post by Blitz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Kaigo1 wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
I was talked to by management over the play starting right here ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127716205?t=06m34s ) given the warning that this was bitchwalking and completely uncalled for. Is there a reason this is considered bitchwalking over the previous example? Why am I not allowed to do this? You can even see that Meepomart called this bitch walking in twitch chat and then questioned me after the game. Why do I get a warning for that but what PeaceOut did was encouraged?
Because it was 4v2, and just starting the 2nd period. As I said, the last minute of a game is generally fair game. 20 seconds into the 2nd period is seen as more malicious, and is super frowned upon - especially when it's 2v4 that's just low.

krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Next time raise it up to other mods if legitimate posts/threads are getting deleted
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
Blitz wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128063850?t=51m39s the bitchwalk starts here and lasts roughly 11 seconds. 11 seconds is not "EXTREME" bitchwalking, not even close. Secondly you didn't pressure him at all... To pressure him you actually have to go behind the net to force him forward. If he had started running circles around the net for another 10 seconds then that could be seen as a bit more malicious; however, this is just plain ole smart defense IMO.
Because it was 4v2, and just starting the 2nd period. As I said, the last minute of a game is generally fair game. 20 seconds into the 2nd period is seen as more malicious, and is super frowned upon - especially when it's 2v4 that's just low.
Imo, ruling on morality is very questionable, in my case, it was done for less than five seconds on the offensive end with no movement. This is where we will disagree on the ruling.
Blitz

Post by Blitz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Kaigo1 wrote:
Blitz wrote:
Kaigo1 wrote:
Imo, ruling on morality is very questionable, in my case, it was done for less than five seconds on the offensive end with no movement. This is where we will disagree on the ruling.
There was no ruling for what you did though... Meepomart may be in management, but he's allowed to speak to you personally without it meaning some official management ruling. Management had 0 issues with what you did - if we did we would have done something about it surely. Maybe it would be best for your own clarity to speak directly with Meepomart and ask him your questions.

Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:53 pm

i've been asking for a very long time for a game mechanic that forces teams to go forward in a timely manner and avoids the subjective bitchwalking rule altogether

themusic is about to start testing one

the fact its been like 2 and a half years and the game still has a clear loophole which has to be covered with a bandaid by league management is just sad
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/