Season 9 Debacle Proposal

Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638
Battle.net Server: NA

Season 9 Debacle Proposal

Post by Kurt_58 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Hello friends. Been a while since we talked. I don't want to flood the forums with more text that runs in circles so I will keep it as short as possible.

As a community it is your right to impeach an acting commissioner under rule:
"May remain League Commissioner until a time at which he/she wishes to relinquish power or is impeached."

To give some context, this rule was put into the rulebook at the conclusion of season 1 after Wildfire left. Somewhat of a contingency in case the community wanted to overthrow a commissioner and to give commish's the right to walk at any time.

I don't think it's a bit of a stretch to say that things are pretty heated right now, so here is my proposal for you:

Step 1: Remove all current League Managers and Commissioner.
This isn't to say that all of management has done a poor job. But it is just a necessity to start fresh with any government change. Lest accusations of politics from the previous regime get called into question.

Step 2: Instate Commissioner and a minimum of 3 LM's for the remaining finals of the season.
This is somewhat a formality since there's not much to rule on given that the season finishes this weekend. But it'll be necessary for the next step, the most important one.

Step 3: Rerule on the series that was played between Korhal and Aiur that resulted in a Aiur 3-2 victory.
The crux of the problem. This ruling has quite a lot of gravity to it considering the winner goes onto the finals. While it is not an easy thing to do by any means, there needs to be a reruling since the existing regime ruled on this. This makes LM positions very important. It's hard to say the best way to have them picked. Usually it's best to have a commish hand pick his LM's since they work best, but it could be seen as heavy bias to the final result. However, given time it still might be the best option. A community vote is easy to forge and tough to get a true say so. So I'll just end this post with my suggestions.

Step 4: Complete the season.
Standard stuff. Finish the finals, get them casted, get the allstar game played, get stats completed, etc. But one exception.

Step 5: Commissioner gives up powers and has no say in the next commissioner for Season 10.
Kind of necessary if you ask me. Don't want to give an interim commissioner much say in the matter since they're just ruling for a couple weeks.

Conclusion: I will serve as interim commissioner.
If you have anyone else in mind I will gladly have no part in this, I'm just trying to make the community aware of their options so everything doesn't implode. But, I think I have a vast amount of experience with League managing. And the fact that I have had no part in this season, I think I'm about as unbiases as you'll get. My greatest bias would be my distaste for Blitzerg. While I don't think it's a secret to anyone, I feel it's important to say that so the community members have everything upfront with my intentions. My experience in league management is unquestionable and I feel I have a pretty unbiases voting record, having screwed my own team and self over in past league management decisions to rule what I felt was right. I also have a pretty great amount of knowledge with the tech that is related to this case. I am currently employed as a software developer, but I have worked jobs in system administration, as well as winning a national competition for network design.

TL;DR Remove current ZHL administration. Have me serve as interim commissioner and let me pick 3+ LM's. Revote on the Korhal v. Aiur ruling. Then boot my ass out after the season is done.

My suggested LM list for if you want me to commish:
-Teroh (Lots of league management experience, semi-technical knowledge, I trust him)
-krazymen (Lots of technical knowledge, moderate league management experience, I disagree with him often)
-Marker (Technical knowledge, somewhat of a wildcard, I semi-trust him)
-themusic (High technical knowledge, trusted community member, very neutral personality)
Ruckle
Battle.net Name: Ruckle
Battle.net Char Code: 627

Re: Season 9 Debacle Proposal

Post by Ruckle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Yo that LM list is stellar not gonna lie
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Wow, "i semi trust him", nicest thing hes ever said about me.

In all honestly even though I do believe blitz has done nothing wrong, has been one of the most active commishes doing all the stats and streaming, and has tried to stay out as much as possible in light of being swayed, I do think this does calm down the flames.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Mets
Commissioner
Battle.net Name: Mets
Battle.net Char Code: 1582

Post by Mets » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 pm

You don't get to impeach someone just because you disagree with a ruling that was made. There's been 3 "votes" and an Owner/LM veto already.

Fact: every single owner who voted was in favor of a replay (except Stealth, whose team plays the winner of Aiur/Korhal, and Nova, who is the owner of Aiur.)
My greatest bias would be my distaste for Blitzerg
Sounds fair!
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
Vapour wrote:Tenkz who loves off mets
Ruckle
Battle.net Name: Ruckle
Battle.net Char Code: 627

Post by Ruckle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Marker wrote:Wow, "i semi trust him", nicest thing hes ever said about me.

In all honestly even though I do believe blitz has done nothing wrong, has been one of the most active commishes doing all the stats and streaming, and has tried to stay out as much as possible in light of being swayed, I do think this does calm down the flames.

I would also state that I haven't had many issues with blitz as GM.. only really as forum moderator where he was fucking terrible
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 pm

Gif of what's about to happen to me:
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:53 pm

i personally think blitzerg has had his hand in enough fuckery this season that its literally impossible to trust him unless it is in your own bets interests. i support a regime change.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781

Post by Cubs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:04 am

How do you propose going about this vote to do something without precedent as those against the ruling would say? Who gets to vote?

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
NoVa
Battle.net Name: NoVa
Battle.net Char Code: 1522

Post by NoVa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:10 am

forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster
Battle.net Char Code: 0