Thoughts on Blitzerg (and rest of Season 9)

Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Thoughts on Blitzerg (and rest of Season 9)

Post by Tenkz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Marker wrote:In all honestly even though I do believe blitz has done nothing wrong, has been one of the most active commishes doing all the stats and streaming, and has tried to stay out as much as possible in light of being swayed, I do think this does calm down the flames.
Ruckle wrote:I would also state that I haven't had many issues with blitz as GM.. only really as forum moderator where he was fucking terrible
Gonna have to throw in my hat here and say that Blitzerg was one of the best commissioners within the league itself, putting himself on par with Moose IMO. I wasn't around to give fair comparison to Kyle's contributions.

Look at the S9 stats thread. Who's doing all the stats?

Watch some VODs. Who's doing (arguably) most of the casting? [sly, blitzerg, marker - ZHL order i believe, but blitz has done a fuckton of probe]

Blitz has dealt with half a dozen scandals/controversies this season so at least cut him some damn slack.
Dude was a forum monster, sure, but he has been nothing short of entirely dedicated to the league and has done his best to do, in his opinion, what was best for the league. We have less than half a stats team and the spottiest caster team we've ever had. There are a few people this season that need special recognition for the amount of time and work they've put into this season, which other than casting, we are mostly unable to see.

I'm not particularly fond of Marker or Mets even (who replaced Sly as a caster for the end of the season) but they've both put in more than a fair share this season as well.

All in all, it's quite astounding to see how upset this community as a whole has become over recent events, but I think it's necessary. We need to be more cognizant that we are a small, close-knit community, and small communities will only survive by being close-knit. Do not let recent events sever our ties or cripple our foundation. Use this as an opportunity for improvement. The community itself has not been this vocal ever in past history, not even in Season 4. Are we being representative enough of the entire community? Do we need more specialized League Management (as Watermelon suggested) which is split to handle different situations and objectives?

Let this be our lowest point as a community - but if we are to sink any further - we can only expect to drown.
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Re: Thoughts on Blitzerg (and rest of Season 9)

Post by Marker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:26 pm

You know it's serious when tenkz agrees with me. +1

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
sidtkid
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601

Post by sidtkid » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:29 pm

I wonder who set up the site so Blitz could do stats... (thinking)
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:32 pm

i was gonna let this be a purely positive topic but sid broke that so.

[5:22 PM] it's iSpyGecko: blitz best commish cuz he has no friends to delegate jobs 2
[5:22 PM] it's iSpyGecko: :thinking:

forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:21 pm

hitler also put in a lot of effort at what he did and look at him now
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Counter_This
Battle.net Name:

Post by Counter_This » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Preemptive... Maha please just shut up, you're so annoying!
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576

Post by maha » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Counter_This wrote:Preemptive... Maha please just shut up, you're so annoying!
very interesting, I will consider this very carefully!
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
Sir
Battle.net Name: Sir
Battle.net Char Code: 1206

Post by Sir » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Yeah honestly i fucking hate blitzerg and would gladly jump on the chance to make fun of him, but aside from the excessive forum moderation (who wouldn't delete kwaksters retarded shitposts) he did a good job this season. And it's certainly not his fault that someone opened the can of worms known as DoSing. Or mets is lying about it, who knows. Regardless, as soon as that happened there had to be a decision that was going to piss some people off no matter what.
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576

Post by maha » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Blitz wrote:Rush just can't win a non felon season .. First FA League and now the ruckle smurf season. Typical rush , time to build a wall around rush
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."