BeatDropper = Smurf?

Chaotic
Battle.net Name: Chaotic
Battle.net Char Code: 1227
Battle.net Server: NA

BeatDropper = Smurf?

Post by Chaotic » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:45 am

I've come to believe that BeatDropper isn't a new player, but instead is a smurf. For reference, BeatDropper was a 50% locked player and was the absolute last pick in the S10 draft.

BeatDropper's Battle.net profile link (paste into sc2 and click on it to jump to his profile): battlenet://starcraft/profile/1/14414875620880154624

Below is replay evidence from 17-18 weeks ago (approx. 4 months) that is intended to show clicking patterns that are not characteristic of a new player.

When looking at the score screen details, SC2 displays the current usernames, whereas in replay, the actual username used in that game will appear. By matching the end-game APM (148) between score screen and replay below, I was able to confirm that in this replay, BeatDropper was using the name Groovy.
[+] Score screen
[+] Replay details
This doesn't help much, I had never heard of the names Groovy or BeatDropper before. Looking further into this replay, we can see some of this player's clicking patterns.
[+] first clip
Gfycat Video - Click to Play
[+] second clip
Gfycat Video - Click to Play
I have my own opinion on who this smurf actually is based on his clicking patterns. However, determining the exact identity of this person is besides the point. Punishing the player behind this smurf is not really possible unless the person comes forward and admits to it or the league forces an ip check. However, punishing the smurf is possible. Priority should be on maintaining league fairness, especially in probe, and not allowing smurfs to continue to play.
Last edited by Chaotic on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
Mets
Commissioner
Battle.net Name: Mets
Battle.net Char Code: 1582

Re: BeatDropper = Smurf?

Post by Mets » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:50 am

I tried looking into him to figure out who he is and if he was a smurf. It's unfortunate that the League Management continues to let people sign up who are probably smurfs (like BeatDropper and NWImmortal) without doing any investigation of their own, meanwhile actual players like AppleSoup get removed from sign ups. I added BeatDropper on Real ID (his name is Ernesto C.) and all his friends on BNet were also Real ID, so I thought he might not be a smurf. Right after the final game of the season, BeatDropper removed me from friends.
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
Vapour wrote:Tenkz who loves off mets
sidtkid
Battle.net Name: SidtheKid
Battle.net Char Code: 601

Post by sidtkid » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 am

If you want us to ban potential smurfs, then we'll have to ban iFound for a game or two for attempting to hide true ID by going on SEA account and not telling anyone who he is other than people who notice because they have him added as a friend.
Yoda: HEAD OF STATS
Yoda: DOES 0 STATS
Yoda: SHAKE
Yoda: MY
Yoda: GOD
Yoda: DAMN
Yoda: HEAD
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by DerrocK » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:36 am

But is he like inredibly good for the time he has been playing or smth? I recall playing with him not tol long ago and he was 'okay', nothing impressive but ill admit I didnt check his stats
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo

Post by Kaigo1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 am

NWImmortal is not a smurf Mets, he's played in 1500+ pub games and used to be garbage and is still only 6th round material. Can't confirm beatdropper though, I've played with him a few times as of late and he didn't impress me
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
Mets
Commissioner
Battle.net Name: Mets
Battle.net Char Code: 1582

Post by Mets » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:21 am

Kaigo1 wrote:NWImmortal is not a smurf Mets, he's played in 1500+ pub games and used to be garbage and is still only 6th round material. Can't confirm beatdropper though, I've played with him a few times as of late and he didn't impress me
NWImmortal was claiming to be Coconuts, but now the real Coconuts has returned and says he isn't NWImmortal. So who is NWImmortal?
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
Vapour wrote:Tenkz who loves off mets
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 am

DerrocK wrote:But is he like inredibly good for the time he has been playing or smth? I recall playing with him not tol long ago and he was 'okay', nothing impressive but ill admit I didnt check his stats
he initially was intentionally playing bad but has since given up on that strategy as he realized that con takes months to come to fruition.

Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:31 am

Mets wrote:So who is NWImmortal?
He's trolling you like he normally does to everyone, he isn't anyone else. Ask Bulb or Dust if NWI is a Smurf, they've seen him in pubs throughout the past year like every single day
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 am

bulb picked him because he thought he was a smurf and is a dirty child

Kaigo1

Post by Kaigo1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:03 am

iSpyGecko wrote:bulb picked him because he thought he was a smurf and is a dirty child
Bulb is a dirty child but he got an eye for talent cause he plays so many pubs and knows how good people are. Don't forget S8 his team would have been him Dust and Blitz if blitz hadn't thrown a tantrum about who he wanted to play with