Ruling: Tenkz

Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164
Battle.net Server: NA

Ruling: Tenkz

Post by Marker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:34 pm

The Story:
Tenkz and gecko have been feuding all season, but thats none of our business. Tenkz felt that he was tryharding in a game that was 1-1, and wasn't getting results by the end of the 3rd period. During that break, gecko says something off the cuff, which tilts Tenkz, so then he decides to go afk for about 30 seconds, which gives the other team 1-2 great chances in itself for them to win the game, which is intentionally throwing in itself, but the rest of OT gets played out. Fast forward, they're down 0-2 in a shoot, looking grim, but considering two good shooters are coming up for Shakuras, and the two shooters for NGF were not their #1 and #2, the game is still clearly winnable for Shakuras. Instead of taking a shot, Tenkz decides to be provocative and ac spins the puck around, shoots it at the casters, and leaves the game immediately, which results in the game being over and them losing.

Things with and without precedent:
• Although people have quit on teams in seasons, there has never been someone to actively work against their team by ending the game in such a manner.
• No one has thrown a game in the middle of a season, when they do not know seeding of playoffs.
• No one has just flat out thrown a game when it was winnable period in the middle of the season. The only thing Tenkz could point to was an outmatched team from s4 (already down 6-1), where halo threw, but halo after that got banned anyways (for quitting owner).
• Everyone who has used ac and has been sufficiently caught has been banned no matter the circumstance. Roro, who used AC to throw a game that wasn't really winnable, and did not affect the playoff status of the team, did get banned 4 games.

In the way I have framed it is obviously worse because of the fluidity of the standings, the intent of the player, and the eliciting reaction that Tenkz wanted. Justifying gecko's single sentence in between periods can lead to an unprecedented throwing of a mid season game. We shouldn't have gray lines such as "oh its okay since he was just throwing" or "it didnt change the outcome of the game" or "it didn't do anything" because those are very subjective ideas for something that objectively should NEVER be used. In context, he did it because it should never be used. he did something that breaks the rules to be childish and get a reaction. The #1 rule of civil disobedience is that you are willing to accept the consequences of your actions, which I expect Tenkz to do.

The Decision (and the implicit reason it took so long):
We first, on the night all agreed (though without vote), that Tenkz would be banned, which allowed us to compensate Shakuras and Aiur (with voting), though Halo wanted to wait a few days for the dust the settle, and the steam to cool off. So on Tuesday night (basically after all the chat had settled down, and the only thing left was the meme post), I laid the entire story out in context for the League managers to make their ruling for punishment.

The Votes and the Results:
Halo: Full season ban or locked half way and banned for playoffs
Swedish: Full season ban
Elharion: Banned Until Playoffs and locked playoffs or Full Season ban
Bizzaro: 4 game ban

Verdict: Full Season Ban

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Re: Ruling: Tenkz

Post by Vapour » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:05 pm

More popcorn please
DiemodsLOL
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by DiemodsLOL » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:13 pm

holy shit marker i thought you were the chosen one.

where is warning? where is warning ban?

1-2 game ban for team to get their shit in order, with warning of perma ban next offense.

clearly owner and star cant handle each other don't punish them give them a chance.

a forced trade even, if no sign of reconciliation

perma ban off the bat is crazy when theres more than 1 party involved.
Last edited by DiemodsLOL on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElTaco
Battle.net Name: ElTaco

Post by ElTaco » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:20 pm

DiemodsLOL wrote:holy shit marker i thought you were the chosen one.

where is warning? where is warning ban?

1-2 game ban for team to get their shit in order, with warning of perma ban next offense.

clearly owner and star cant handle each other don't punish them give them a chance.

a forced trade even if no sign of reconciliation

perma ban off the bat is crazy when theres more than 1 party involved.
To be honest I thought the same. A full season ban without a warning is pretty harsh even for someone like tenkz. Should really revote On this decision
Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo

Post by Kaigo1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 pm

ANOTHA ONE #FREETENKZ #4GAMEBANISENUFF #MARKERWASSUPPOSEDTOBETHESAVIOR #TENKZWHOLOVESOFFMETS #DANIELCAHILLWASANINSIDEJOB
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:35 pm

The only problem with this is that you took far too long to make a post about it. It isn't your main concern about how the public will react, so there's no reason to wait for the public to react positively to whatever you do because they just don't care anymore. If you're sending the public into an outrage chances are that you've done something correctly anyways. So basically I agree with everything said other than your reasoning to take so long to come out with a decision publicly.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Blitz wrote:The only problem with this is that you took far too long to make a post about it. It isn't your main concern about how the public will react, so there's no reason to wait for the public to react positively to whatever you do because they just don't care anymore. If you're sending the public into an outrage chances are that you've done something correctly anyways. So basically I agree with everything said other than your reasoning to take so long to come out with a decision publicly.
My reasoning was not about the public reaction, it was more for the LM's (and me) who were reading the chat to be disconnected from it. I do not care about public reaction, I care about making the right decision with a cool calm head.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
fancypants
Battle.net Name: fancypants
Battle.net Char Code: 1399

Post by fancypants » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Marker wrote:The Story:
Tenkz and gecko have been feuding all season, but thats none of our business.
Post should've ended here IMO
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:59 pm

cya keed
Gandalf
Battle.net Name: Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Well played marker, well played.If you're ever in ny, I'll make you some pierogies