[Ask Here!] FAQ - Zealot Hockey

reputed
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 696
Battle.net Server: NA

[Ask Here!] FAQ - Zealot Hockey

Post by reputed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:03 am

I've been meaning to assemble a list of tips or questions of all the nitty gritty details of the game, seeing that as of now most of you have been discovering these details by experience. So, if anyone has a question about the game, I will gladly respond to your questions if I know the answer.

Frequently Asked Questions

How long does the 'check' ability last?
For Goalies: The check ability lasts 32 game ticks (2 seconds), or exactly 1.6 real time seconds.
For Zealots: Lasts 20 game ticks (1.25 seconds), or exactly 1 real time second.

How long exactly does a goalie's force-field last?
A goalie's force-field lasts exactly 2.25 real time seconds.

How much shot power is taken away after each right click while charging up to shoot?
This is currently set to approximately 20% (or very slightly less) of the maximum bar each issued move command.

What exactly are the conditions that trigger a goalie face-off?
When the goalie has accumulated a total of 4-5 real time seconds of puck time when the goalie is standing inside the crease/net. The timer gets reset every time the enemy gets the puck.

How big is the range on left click steal as well as 'Check'? And do you think its balanced with the range it's at?
Stealing for Goalies/Zealots: 3.0 range within center of stick
Checking for Zealots: 3.0
Checking for Goalies: 2.4
Basis of measure - A zealot body's diameter is approximately 2.0
The 3.0 ranges might be very slightly nerfed in the coming patches.

Why do the posts seem to be so 'picky'? I.e When you graze the inside of the post it usually changes direction by a lot
Post on puck collision is currently completely elastic; that is, 100% of the momentum is transferred and no forward momentum is gained. We treat it as if there is 0 deformation of the puck.

How far inside the goal does the puck have for a goal to be registered?
The entirety of the puck has to be over the goal line.

What part of the skater must the puck touch before the skater picks it up?
The center of the puck must enter the inside of the skater's actual body, or enter the range of the stick.

How to "spend" points?
The implementation of our Points Shop has been a project that has lasted a while, and will hopefully be complete in the near future. At this time, points are to be held on to, but cannot be immediately used. In the future, points are expected to possibly be spent on skins, different sticks, and other character customizations.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Re: [Ask Here!] FAQ - Zealot Hockey

Post by brucecambell » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:31 am

how big is the range on left click, and do you think its balanced with the range its at.. same for z check?
Sean
Battle.net Name: Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Does the puck have to go directly on the stick? Or can it go "through" the unit an still get picked up?
...I'm just sayin so don't be hatin.
brucecambell
Battle.net Name:

Post by brucecambell » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:37 pm

i believe hitting the zealot unit itself will also register a complete pass
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:08 am

How to "spend" points?
Leeroy
Battle.net Name:

Post by Leeroy » Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 pm

brucecambell wrote:i believe hitting the zealot unit itself will also register a complete pass
Yeah you are correct. Passes and/or pickups have a bigger radius than checks/steals, as they also include another smaller radius around your Zealot in addition to the one around your stick. According to the OP, goalies have a smaller check radius than zealots, which is something that will obviously need to be fixed if that is truly the case.
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781

Post by Cubs » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Can you donate for a song?

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512

Post by Kyle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:16 pm

I swear I've seen some no-goals that were well past the goal line before the goalie picked up the puck.
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Kyle wrote:I swear I've seen some no-goals that were well past the goal line before the goalie picked up the puck.
I think the reason is that the grab area of the stick is slightly larger (or is an invisible circular area and hence not really the shape of the stick) than the actual visual depiction of the stick. When a goalie boosts backwards into their net and the stick auto-repositions to the front of the net, they make those "miraculous" (others may say bs) saves and it may be attributed to this.

so the goalie really does grab the puck before it crosses the line, but the animation of the stick isn't in contact with the puck at the time.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
Kyle
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kyle
Battle.net Char Code: 1512

Post by Kyle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:40 pm

l)arkangel wrote: I think the reason is that the grab area of the stick is slightly larger (or is an invisible circular area and hence not really the shape of the stick) than the actual visual depiction of the stick. When a goalie boosts backwards into their net and the stick auto-repositions to the front of the net, they make those "miraculous" (others may say bs) saves and it may be attributed to this.

so the goalie really does grab the puck before it crosses the line, but the animation of the stick isn't in contact with the puck at the time.
Probably right. I don't think any of those "that puck was way across the line" no-goals I've seen happened without the goalie picking it up immediately afterward.