EU community reunion and apologies

User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

EU community reunion and apologies

Post by PinkVoid » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Dear friends!

We are all here because we share one interest which is our beloved Zealot Hockey.

When I came back from my trip I was a little upset about a decision made by the referees, for one as clan captain of the affected team and for another as Channel owner. I felt excluded for no reason and to be honest I still do.
I took it to the forums because I felt it had to be discussed. Looking back it weren't the best decisions I ever made. We are all human, we all make mistakes.


Even though I still think the referee set up and the decision and rule making was bad, I should have known from my experience organizing the tournament, that it is really not an easy task especially with not a lot of experience.

I got my team a win and the feedback I wanted and expected, but the it costed way too much. It kind of led to last two days being filled with hate and BM.

I really didn't expect the topic created would be such an upset and polarize our community. After I put so many hours into this community myself, last thing I want is to hurt it for basically nothing.


We all are really tired from accusations and arguments, therefore I won't go into detail why I felt I had to go public with it and why I was so upset.

What I learn from this is to chose my words more wisely in the future, it was not my intention to offend a whole clan nor to criticize the whole referee stuff.


It is already in discussion to have one referee from each clan which I gladly support. I nominate therobstr for trth. .


Regarding the points of the game: It is really no biggy, Don't give each of the clans points. Make it a draw. Rematch. I am fine with everything, that really never was the point of the discussion.


I am deeply sorry if anyone of our beloved community felt treated in a wrong way by me and or my words.


I won't let the community suffer anymore, therefore I deleted the topic and also follow ups made in another post.
I am not saying I take the blame for everything what happened, not at all, but seeing people are excluded from games and people start retiring, all I can do is offering this:

If the community wishes me to retire as channel owner, I will gladly do it. All I ever wanted is the game to live long and healthy.
My picks for EU community manager would be SplatterArt, therobstr or SwedishDoll (not sure if they want or not, also ofc only if wildfire/reputed agree)

so far
PinkVoid

Edit: after a talk with SwedishDoll I have more overview about the happenings last days.
Since I was on vacation I couldn't have a hand on my team regarding rules and so on.
Slide did his best to replace me. Sorry SwedishDoll, we will respect you in the future. Sorry TBKH for any unpauses made.
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
GiveMeTheRope
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:07 am
Battle.net Name: Nocturnus
Battle.net Char Code: 2700
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by GiveMeTheRope » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:43 am

PinkVoid wrote: the decision and rule making was bad,
Enough of this. How many time it should be repeated, that there is nothing to discuss anymore and entire community agree to this. No reason to return to this again.

I'll stay silent about how much you're perverting whole situation trying to show yourself in nice spot. But if you really wanna retire, find someone, who would agree to lead the community in the future first.
Therobster is nice, but in my opinion he is not active enough.
SplatterArt is really good, but loves to stay away from discussion sometimes
SwedishDoll is perfect choice imho

I would suggest HandsumSnail and Rigensis as well
User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by PinkVoid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:57 am

Noc, I apologized, that doesn't mean I didn't notice a lot of hate coming from you and your clan towards me and my team.

I only understand it now after talking a lot to SwedishDoll. Don't blame me for what happened after and during the game. I wasn't even near my computer at that time.

I have my opinion, and I am not alone with it, I dislike the decision which was made. Thats all. I stick to it, if you like it or not. It is not like I am attacking some1 personally.

The reason I made the post is to stop all the hate which is going on, why are you so angry? I also won't let you guys let me use as a punching bag with a trth logo on it and eat all the hate you guys have, including anger of now retired ZealotHockey, all the losses and the the last game which was a bit controversial. I already told Rig to give us no points or remake the game, I couldn't care less about that.

Again, I am sorry how things went, I am not sorry about my opinion. thats the way it is.

I am just trying to cool things down, what do i need a nice spot for?!
In my eyes, you can't get rid of your hate. You and a few of your team, hating on me for what happened when I wasn't even here. As I said, the post was the best idea, but stop pooring everything on my head ffs!
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
GiveMeTheRope
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:07 am
Battle.net Name: Nocturnus
Battle.net Char Code: 2700
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by GiveMeTheRope » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:48 am

PinkVoid wrote: lot of hate coming from you
A lot? I just said you was BM, that's all.
PinkVoid wrote:now after talking a lot to SwedishDoll
Yeah, she actually said things you have been told already. But this time you tried to listen.
PinkVoid wrote:It is not like I am attacking some1 personally.
Khm... That is so false, that it is not even funny :( You attacked A LOT of us personally, even in private chat.
PinkVoid wrote:why are you so angry?
Isn't it obvious? Cause the amount of lies growing with every post you make. Even in this thread
PinkVoid wrote:et me use as a punching bag with a trth logo on it and eat all the hate you guys have
Oh yeah, now you're blaming me in "punching you" or hating you with no reason... Your personal confrontations with "guys" is none of my business
PinkVoid wrote:when I wasn't even here.
What are you talking about? That game? Do you really think it is the reason?
PinkVoid wrote:op pooring everything on my head ffs!
Iam not pooring EVERYTHING on your head. I am asking to take responsibility for all you have done not with the phrases that are false like "it was not your intention" and "you havn't attacked anyone personally"
User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by PinkVoid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:12 am

GiveMeTheRope wrote:
PinkVoid wrote: lot of hate coming from you
A lot? I just said you was BM, that's all.
- no, I felt you being over aggressive right away, the way you post and how you react. It is not like we don't know each other for months, you are in agressive mode.
GiveMeTheRope wrote:
PinkVoid wrote:now after talking a lot to SwedishDoll
Yeah, she actually said things you have been told already. But this time you tried to listen.
- I have been away for a month, ofc I missed a lot, do but how on earth can you know what I do know and what I actually speak about with emma??!
GiveMeTheRope wrote:
PinkVoid wrote:It is not like I am attacking some1 personally.
Khm... That is so false, that it is not even funny :( You attacked A LOT of us personally, even in private chat.
- well, that is your opinion, also I wonder if you realize what 'I am attacking' means, considering grammar and stuff... definitly not what happened in bnet chat. And yeah, I've been insulted there too, noc.
PinkVoid wrote:
GiveMeTheRope wrote:why are you so angry?
Isn't it obvious? Cause the amount of lies growing with every post you make. Even in this thread
- your impression, btw imo pretty offensive
PinkVoid wrote:
GiveMeTheRope wrote: use as a punching bag with a trth logo on it and eat all the hate you guys have
Oh yeah, now you're blaming me in "punching you" or hating you with no reason..
- yep, that is my impression, like you have yours with which I disagree. I didnt say no reason tho. I said you make me responsible for all.

PinkVoid wrote:
GiveMeTheRope wrote:when I wasn't even here.
What are you talking about? That game? Do you really think it is the reason?
- I thought you know what I am talking about with Emma?! Ofc there was tension before, where else did it all start?! I was just confused why salma, snail and you jumped into my face right away...
PinkVoid wrote:
GiveMeTheRope wrote:op pooring everything on my head ffs!
Iam not pooring EVERYTHING on your head. I am asking to take responsibility for all you have done not with the phrases that are false like "it was not your intention" and "you havn't attacked anyone personally"
well, we seem to have different defintions of some things but we already went through that


If that thread goes the same way as the other one, I should close it right away... let's see how it develops until tomorrow, this was supposed to be a peaceful thread.

As disappointed as you seem to be in me, I am in you Nocturnus, keep that in mind too. Don't know what you are trying, supporting your clan or the refs or whatever, but if you are not avaible for a talk, plz don't post and let other voice their opinions. I got yours and I respect it.
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
TheLobstr
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:47 pm
Battle.net Name: therobstr
Battle.net Char Code: 852
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by TheLobstr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 am

Come on guys, I can't believe how much "negativity" has happened whilst I've been away. This is sad. The reason the only game I play is zealot hockey is because of the sense of community in this game which I have never experienced elsewhere. Where is the community spirit? Where has it gone???? Surely all decisions made should be well discussed and though through before being made, and once an opinion has been made, they should be treated fairly without bias. We're human, we all have emotions, can't we sometimes, just sometimes put ourself in someone else's shoes for once and think about how others feel! Or are we all as unforgiving as those players lots of us hate the most, the irrational ones who rage for no reason and refuse to learn, refuse to stop?

You know. I'm about to move into my university accommodation this weekend, I have so much to do including my landlords rent, collecting keys for my friends house, blahblahblah. But seeing this.... This really sucks. If the people in this community refuse to be logical, rational, unbiased and unforgiving. I feel as if I do not wish to return to the game. The game is pointless if there is no community. It's not fun. Everyone needs to calm and down and stop. If everyone keeps their ego and stands solely by their view, this'll never be sorted out.

I just woke up and saw this. And I've decided to actually post this using my phone, because this is honestly ridiculous.
User avatar
GiveMeTheRope
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:07 am
Battle.net Name: Nocturnus
Battle.net Char Code: 2700
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by GiveMeTheRope » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:14 am

TheLobstr wrote:Where is the community spirit? Where has it gone????
Well, I am sure you know about some internal conflics which devided us during some time. We just never talked about them on public. All this league action just made some of them to be revealed, multiplied by bad accident, which happened at the first day of the season. I am starting to think that trying to make something serious happen on EU was bad idea (cause we actually are more devided and disrespectful to each other then we thought before)
TheLobstr wrote:I feel as if I do not wish to return to the game.
I feel exact the same, man
TheLobstr wrote: I've decided to actually post this using my phone, because this is honestly ridiculous.
Heh, I usually post something from work, like now. Dunno if you had a chance to see that previous topic, but there were 7 pages of pure rage in 1 night. I actually didn't beleived it when saw that for the first time. It is not even rediculous, we will actually lose a lot after this.
User avatar
Rigensis
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:44 pm
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955
Battle.net Server: EU
Location: rigaLatvia.
Contact:

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by Rigensis » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 am

TheLobstr wrote: I feel as if I do not wish to return to the game. The game is pointless if there is no community. It's not fun
GiveMeTheRope wrote:I feel exact the same, man
For all people who love this game and who feel like leaving it due to this unfortunate episode I wish to ask - Please don`t leave. Yes the emotions are heated right now, yes - badly picked words have been thrown at each other. But this is just an episode. Things will settle down and we will move on. And if you guys leave I will personally feel sad because I enjoy spending time with you making awesome plays and having fun. And I hope in future we will do the same.
We lost already too much. For example handsumSnail who was doing enormous job helping players to find their teams.
What the active members of community can do is to make sure that this don`t happen in future. I suggest that we take PinkVoid`s offer - someone of PinkVoid`s nominated persons becomes a new Community manager.
Also to calm situation down please talk directly to persons you don`t agree or have problem with. By expressing it in public theres risk of dividing the community even more. I know the situation was heated and ugly, but I believe that the intention was planned in good will, but method and way they were expressed was poorly chosen.

Good Puck, Have Fun!

TL:DR; Please don`t leave; Accept PinkVoid`s offer; Help the situation to calm down.
User avatar
GiveMeTheRope
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:07 am
Battle.net Name: Nocturnus
Battle.net Char Code: 2700
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by GiveMeTheRope » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:36 am

Rigensis wrote:But this is just an episode. Things will settle down and we will move on.
I really hope it will be this way, but I don't beleive it to be honest. It is the beggining of the end imho.
Rigensis wrote:We lost already too much. For example handsumSnail
What do you mean by saying we lost Snail? Just cause he retired from referees or is there anything else?
Rigensis wrote:active members of community can do is to make sure that this don`t happen in future
Not sure they actually can do it.
Rigensis wrote:suggest that we take PinkVoid`s offer
Well, you were insulted the most during all this confrontation, so, if this is your decision, others definetely should support you in this.
Rigensis wrote:please talk directly to persons you don`t agree or have problem with. B
Exactly!
Blaster
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:07 pm
Battle.net Name: Blaster
Battle.net Char Code: 2717
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EU community reunion and apologies

Post by Blaster » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 am

Can we stop this war and shake hands in peace? Please, this is going to tear the community in two, and that is something that we do not need atm.
Also known as the Wiseman.

Currently Retired
Locked