Season 8 Playoff Announcements

htcp
Battle.net Name: htcp
Battle.net Char Code: 332
Battle.net Server: NA

Season 8 Playoff Announcements

Post by htcp » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:19 am

Hello everyone!
We are reaching the final week of the regular season and it is coming down to the wire. Multiple teams are still in the fight for playoffs and it would be an exciting ending to the season. Before we all head into the playoffs I want to introduce and remind people of a couple rules.
First of all, we introduced the Wildcard System into play this season and it looks like there will be a wildcard game. It is scheduled at Saturday 9pm EST. If you need to catch up on how the wildcard works you can read it here. http://www.zealothockey.net/forum/viewt ... =35&t=2045

Some new stuff!
1. With the upcoming playoffs we are introducing playoff reschedules with limited availability. Owners will have to come up with agreed times to reschedule with sufficient notice and approval. This will be available to both Probe / ZHL playoffs.
2. We are now giving the 1st seed an option to choose between playing against the 3rd seed or taking a bye in week one. The ZHL has had a history of the first seed not reaching the playoffs, and one of the possible reasons might have been that they don't get the game practice in the week off, so we are letting them choose to play in both the quarterfinals at their own choice. The default option for the 1st seed is taking the bye week.
Some rule reminders:
1. Free agents are prohibited from playing in the ZHL playoffs.
2. Free Agents will be attendance locked in ZHPL playoff games.
3. Attendance locked players can only play 2/5 games in a Bo5, and 1/3 games in a Bo3.

Good luck!
i'm tom
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Re: Season 8 Playoff Announcements

Post by Tenkz » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:11 am

CAN THE WILDCARD GAME BE RESCHEDULED
Sly
Battle.net Name: Sly
Battle.net Char Code: 320

Post by Sly » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:29 pm

When you say Free Agents, do you mean FAs who were drafted mid-season, or current FAs not on a team?
Yoda
Battle.net Name: Yoda
Battle.net Char Code: 2605

Post by Yoda » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Sly wrote:When you say Free Agents, do you mean FAs who were drafted mid-season, or current FAs not on a team?
FAs who were drafted mid-season.
“Judge me by my size, do you?”
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Sly wrote:When you say Free Agents, do you mean FAs who were drafted mid-season, or current FAs not on a team?
theres no emergency sign players in playoffs.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Meepomart
Battle.net Name: Meepomart
Battle.net Char Code: 550

Post by Meepomart » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:25 pm

To further clarify (been seeing this a lot), the term "free agent" exclusively refers to players drafted in the mid-season Free Agency Draft. The act of having a non-drafted player play for one game is referred to as an emergency signing. Colloquially, the terms are sometimes confused but the two are mutually exclusive throughout the rulebook. I hope the trend of referring to emergency signed players as free agents stops sooner rather than later to prevent further confusion...
wawmoose
Battle.net Name: WaWMoose
Battle.net Char Code: 1878

Post by wawmoose » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:54 pm

do it Rush, I dare you
RIP Flyers