Overly toxic player EU

A place for people to introduce themselves or talk about other players.
SilentFate
Battle.net Name: SilentFate
Battle.net Char Code: 10000
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Overly toxic player EU

Post by SilentFate » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:48 am

Marker wrote:This is why I don't like Europe. They don't value free speech anymore :/
+1
#Free LOGIK ELO
#Free SILENTFATE ELO
#
Dalton
Battle.net Name: IBDerping
Battle.net Char Code: 2820

Post by Dalton » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:51 am

SilentFate wrote:
Marker wrote:This is why I don't like Europe. They don't value free speech anymore :/
+1
This is the most retarded thing in the entire thread(forum?).
You are actually addressing a continent regarding their free speech in defense of someone who is violating the TOS set by an american company and gets called out by someone voicing his opinion.
SplatterArt
Battle.net Name: SplatterArt
Battle.net Char Code: 100

Post by SplatterArt » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:54 am

Dalton wrote:(...) and why
SplatterArt wrote: No need to have somebody bitching about it. Definitely won't help the new guy to get things straight any faster.
is false.
Probably I wasn't clear, Dalton. So I try to explain, (this wont be any new input I am convinced all of you feel quite the same):
I am not defending Dexter and I am not saying Dicky's thread is not needed.

I just try to keep my mouth "shut" if I don't have anything positive or constructive to say in lobby chat or game chat - maybe good sugestion for Dexter.
Because bitching or BMing can be the idea of comedy but it is hurtful at expense of others - so not to be accepted.

If I do something wrong and get insulted - it won't help me with progress.
Hell - I may do wrong over and over again - it still doesn't mean I am an idiot despite it may look like it - I still want to be respected. Every person wants it.
Dexter
Battle.net Name: Dexter
Battle.net Char Code: 344

Post by Dexter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 am

Dalton wrote:Why are you discussing the possible techniques to ban someone, the question is if it is desireable.
Because i want to show that Dicky knows nothing. And people should not listen to a person that knows nothing. Such persons reacts emotional not rational, they are a threat to the community.
Dalton wrote: Completely irrelevant to the discussion but if you call ppl out for being uninformed , you should not follow it up with false statements like these.
There are lots of ISP's that assign static IP addresses to customers which cannot be changed by the client. Depending on the ISP in question it can take a lot of effort to get a new one.
This is wrong. You know nothing.
Please don't follow my answer up with false statements like these. Maybe you want to read the IP Adress Article in Wikipedia, it explains a lot. Search for Paragraph 'Uses of dynamic address assignment'.
Dalton wrote: There are tons of possible options when it comes to banning people,...
Nope Dude. Nope. Your only chance is an account ban. (Maybe you want to provide a single example?)
Dalton wrote: That is a silly statement.
I see you are stating others comments as silly,retarded and so on. So i want to let you know this is not the fundament of a healthy conversation. Please behave or we should consider IP Ban you maybe.
Uhh ahh ahh Banana u want ?
Dalton

Post by Dalton » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 am

SplatterArt wrote:
Dalton wrote:(...) and why
SplatterArt wrote: No need to have somebody bitching about it. Definitely won't help the new guy to get things straight any faster.
is false.
Probably I wasn't clear, Dalton. So I try to explain, (this wont be any new input I am convinced all of you feel quite the same):
I am not defending Dexter and I am not saying Dicky's thread is not needed.

I just try to keep my mouth "shut" if I don't have anything positive or constructive to say in lobby chat or game chat - maybe good sugestion for Dexter.
Because bitching or BMing can be the idea of comedy but it is hurtful at expense of others - so not to be accepted.

If I do something wrong and get insulted - it won't help me with progress.
Hell - I may do wrong over and over again - it still doesn't mean I am an idiot despite it may look like it - I still want to be respected. Every person wants it.
Yeah sorry completely misinterpreted what you were saying, tried to edit but it wouldnt let me:) mb.
Dalton

Post by Dalton » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:24 pm

For the record im not even saying you should get banned, you have always been reasonably nice to me and i found your 'Is this ice map?' period quite entertaining.
The only times you have bmed me were the times i was playing on a different account.
Dexter wrote:This is wrong. You know nothing.
Please don't follow my answer up with false statements like these. Maybe you want to read the IP Adress Article in Wikipedia, it explains a lot. Search for Paragraph 'Uses of dynamic address assignment'.
Yeah i've only been working in IT for 10 years, i know nothing about this stuff. I also had the same external IP adress assigned to me provided by the 2nd biggest ISP in the Netherlands for years(so do millions of others) until i moved and switched ISP's.
It can actually be very useful to have a static ip when you work with remote servers a lot.

Just because dynamic addresses are a thing doesnt mean its universially applied by every ISP to every internet user.
Dexter wrote:Nope Dude. Nope. Your only chance is an account ban. (Maybe you want to provide a single example?)
As i said trying to find a viable banning strategy is irrelevant if there is no intent to implement such a thing.

You are probably right that most of the options would come down to banning your account, that doesnt mean you cannot be stopped from playing the game as much as you do.

I have no clue what possiblities are within the sc2 editor as i have no experience using it, i do not know what information it can gathered/stored from players.
But just to entertain you there are definitely options that can stop you from playing the game. Even just using account/ip bans it would be a matter of reducing the effort of dishing one out vs the effort of you making new emails+ bnet accounts+ getting a new ip address.

For one you could create a report system within the arcade much like the League of Legends tribunal where you could recieve an account/ip ban from your peers. This way it would take much less effort for you to continiously get banned then for you to make it so you can play again.

Another way that would be to delegate the power to ban people so that it would take less effort to just keep banning you.

There could be auto bans based on chat behaviour.

You could use 3rd party authentication.

theres also more obscure things that are almost certainly impossible within the sc2 arcade but for the sake of answering your question and because i used to be a big fan of this method .

In the past there were games/services that used things like 'Hardware bans' that use specific information from your hardware to permanently ban you. This information would be for example a serial number of your CPU or information from your onboard NIC which means you had to replace your motherboard or cpu to remove the ban. I believe this is also the way it is done on consoles. Great way to deal with cheaters!

Im not even saying any of these are actually viable options, propbably not. im just a random guy writing a small paragraph on the forum im sure if the developers truely wanted to they could find much better ways to get rid of you.

Dexter wrote: I see you are stating others comments as silly,retarded and so on. So i want to let you know this is not the fundament of a healthy conversation. Please behave or we should consider IP Ban you maybe.
Well i called something that is obviously incorrect silly, i think thats ok:) I also called someone that insults an entire continent based on a lousy and false argument Retarded, i think thats ok too :) Although i do agree i could have used a word that is less offensive to the mentally challenged. If i were unprovoked and calling unsuspectiong visitorsin here retards on a daily basis i would definitely agree i should be banned from the forum.
Dexter
Battle.net Name: Dexter
Battle.net Char Code: 344

Post by Dexter » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Dalton wrote:...so do millions of others
No. And the reason is simple:
Normally there is no reason for a private person to have a static ip address. A static ip adress is more difficult to maintain for the ISP. IPv4 Address Space is limited. Not all customers are online at the same time. So the ISP goes the easy way and distribute dynamic ip addresses giving u an currently unused IP.
Only Companies and Universities use static IP Adresses for the reasons u said. Its true a few private persons use static ips but it is the rarest case because it is much more expensive than a normal ISP offer.
So one could conclude with the insight that static ip adresses in online multiplayer games are the RAREST case.
Dalton wrote:...a word that is less offensive to the mentally challenged.
Insult Train is rolling...TCHOOO TCHOOO
Dalton wrote:...for the sake of answering your question
I am not satisfied. You told things one could (maybe) implement. But i speak about what u can do at this very moment. But let us stop talking about this please.
Uhh ahh ahh Banana u want ?
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Marker » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Dalton wrote:
SilentFate wrote:
+1
You are actually addressing a continent regarding their free speech in defense of someone who is violating the TOS set by an american company and gets called out by someone voicing his opinion.
Part of the terms of service explicitly state speech that is unlawful. In the USA, we have Christians saying God hates poopheads at military funerals. In Europe, due to hate speech laws, that is illegal. For such reasons Donald Trump can and may be banned from the United Kingdom for saying nothing incorrect, but only something that is perceived (even though it isn't) to be racist. Such laws don't exist in the United States and why most people never point out to the TOS, because most people don't care. Because of this I made the claim that there is no free speech in Europe, because, there isn't by definition. I'm not condemning Europe, I just merely pointed out stuff like this goes on more frequently because of such illiberal laws, and because of this I don't like Europe. The fact that people are calling for IP Bans is ridiculous; Dexter should be able to say whatever he wants. I don't mind that Littledicky made a thread about it and by no means am I denying his right to do so, or that he shouldn't have that right, I find it ridiculous but whatever. I even agree that people like this shouldn't be trolling or whatever, but I'm not one to impress my morality onto someone by encouraging some type of ban because he's acting like an asshole. That stupid and mathematically leads to everyone eventually getting banned because they did something that didn't fall into line.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing
McDoudles
Battle.net Name: McDoudles
Battle.net Char Code: 2863

Post by McDoudles » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Marker wrote: Part of the terms of service explicitly state speech that is unlawful. In the USA, we have Christians saying God hates poopheads at military funerals. In Europe, due to hate speech laws, that is illegal. For such reasons Donald Trump can and may be banned from the United Kingdom for saying nothing incorrect, but only something that is perceived (even though it isn't) to be racist. Such laws don't exist in the United States and why most people never point out to the TOS, because most people don't care. Because of this I made the claim that there is no free speech in Europe, because, there isn't by definition. I'm not condemning Europe, I just merely pointed out stuff like this goes on more frequently because of such illiberal laws, and because of this I don't like Europe.
I'm not sure why I'm even answering marker, but I just drop this here kid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_by_country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorshi ... ted_States for comparison: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_ ... by_country

But hey, it's Wikipedia. They might be wrong and since Marker been to Europe several times, studied law of every european country and is probably 90 years old, all these sources are wrong for sure :)
On a side note you can say whatever the fuck you want on a funeral if it doesn't offend the people that host the funeral.

Just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKJvtgJoCn8

Anyway, racist/radical opinions might be more deprecated in europe due to public opinions..
<^.^< . . . >^.^>
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Marker » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 pm

McDoudles wrote:
Marker wrote: Part of the terms of service explicitly state speech that is unlawful. In the USA, we have Christians saying God hates poopheads at military funerals. In Europe, due to hate speech laws, that is illegal. For such reasons Donald Trump can and may be banned from the United Kingdom for saying nothing incorrect, but only something that is perceived (even though it isn't) to be racist. Such laws don't exist in the United States and why most people never point out to the TOS, because most people don't care. Because of this I made the claim that there is no free speech in Europe, because, there isn't by definition. I'm not condemning Europe, I just merely pointed out stuff like this goes on more frequently because of such illiberal laws, and because of this I don't like Europe.
I'm not sure why I'm even answering marker, but I just drop this here kid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_by_country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorshi ... ted_States for comparison: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_ ... by_country

But hey, it's Wikipedia. They might be wrong and since Marker been to Europe several times, studied law of every european country and is probably 90 years old, all these sources are wrong for sure :)
On a side note you can say whatever the fuck you want on a funeral if it doesn't offend the people that host the funeral.

Just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKJvtgJoCn8

Anyway, racist/radical opinions might be more deprecated in europe due to public opinions..
Glad you came back with anecdotal individual cases of censorship that are older than you and I combined! Even inclusive of that article shows supreme court rulings striking down laws or illegal activity done by the government! Thanks for the extra research for my point bro.

And thats the thing about the funeral, it did offend the people hosting, but they were allowed to anyways, because freedom of speech, once again proving my point!

Racist/radical opinions aren't deprecated in Europe, they are illegal, seeing as you failed to address the fact that Trump could literally be banned from a country because of an opinion!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

The difference is, the US government can be put on trial because of our constitutional interpretation of freedom of speech. In Europe, no such doctrine exists, and those that do are interpreted not to be inclusive as such things as "hate speech" which are open ended.

P.S. THE HOLOCAUST WAS FAKE AND STAGED BY THE JEWS.

edit:

Just one quick note to add

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html

Yep dem germans love freedom of speech so much they struck a deal with twitter/facebook to stop people talking about refugees! I can't think of anything more free about that.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing