New mechanics testing

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: New mechanics testing

Post by krazymen » Tue May 31, 2016 5:45 pm

rerecalf wrote:Zachsmack and i stopped playing because boost steal was removed. Me...because i'm a goalie. And will not support any mechanics that make goalying any harder. very vital for goalie and it was a big mistake removing it. You messed up real bad music.
+1 removing boost steals is absolutely bad imo. I do not enjoy that change one bit.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Tue May 31, 2016 5:49 pm

krazymen wrote:
rerecalf wrote:Zachsmack and i stopped playing because boost steal was removed. Me...because i'm a goalie. And will not support any mechanics that make goalying any harder. very vital for goalie and it was a big mistake removing it. You messed up real bad music.
+1 removing boost steals is absolutely bad imo. I do not enjoy that change one bit.
+1 bring back boost steals
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Tue May 31, 2016 6:32 pm

mayb give the new mechanic more than a couple minutes of trial before declaring it bad
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Tue May 31, 2016 6:35 pm

JMoney wrote:mayb give the new mechanic more than a couple minutes of trial before declaring it bad
Thing is its not a new mechanic its removing a mechanic that has been around for years which I think am very familiar with. which is why I said what i said
Undefeated in 5v5
rerecalf
Battle.net Name: aaaa

Post by rerecalf » Tue May 31, 2016 6:56 pm

JMoney wrote:mayb give the new mechanic more than a couple minutes of trial before declaring it bad
if you got shot in the face, would you have to wait more than a few minutes to declare it a bad thing?
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Tue May 31, 2016 7:24 pm

damn i really wish it was a shot in the face
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Tue May 31, 2016 7:28 pm

krazymen wrote:
Thing is its not a new mechanic its removing a mechanic that has been around for years which I think am very familiar with. which is why I said what i said
That's exactly the point. Just because you're not used to how things feel without boost steal doesn't mean it necessarily bad, just new/uncomfortable. Try giving it a week
iSpyGecko
Battle.net Name: iSpyGecko
Battle.net Char Code: 1819

Post by iSpyGecko » Tue May 31, 2016 8:08 pm

ITT people who've never played a game with balance patches

krazymen

Post by krazymen » Tue May 31, 2016 8:18 pm

JMoney wrote:
krazymen wrote:
That's exactly the point. Just because you're not used to how things feel without boost steal doesn't mean it necessarily bad, just new/uncomfortable. Try giving it a week
I understand the point you made, what im saying is that instead of completely removing the mechanic why not tweak it instead. I feel like we are losing an aspect of the game, nothing new can come out of this since you are removing something completely. Theres nothing to explore. I feel like it was removed because people were saying the steal from the boost was different from the normal steal. Im all for changes in gameplay and patches, but im not for removing mechanics unless its bugs. Put something new and interesting if you are removing the boost steal to replace it.
Undefeated in 5v5
JMoney
Battle.net Name:

Post by JMoney » Tue May 31, 2016 8:39 pm

poopeybutt wrote:very nice additions to the game music! I think that it would be a good idea to remove the boost steal since it is hard to determine where the boost will steal will end. Also, a steal would be determined more on skill in timing a click than just pressing a button and stealing a button.
MoS wrote:Or just use C to cancel, for both shot power (since you have possession of the puck you can't use one-t) and shield (no other goalie ability)
And YES remove steal from the boost! Have the yolo-ers click a bit, I've always thought yoloing to be a bit overpowered. Maybe keep the steal on goalies boost tho :)

Edit: what about reducing/removing the cooldown on the one-timer? Could also be a lot of fun, and would make for some really creative plays ;) (always wondered why the cooldown was so long on it)
MoS wrote:Stealing with boost removes any kind of timing that normal stealing has. Basically you have a perfectly timed steal as soon as you enter the steal range. Removing the steal from boost forces you to make the manual click to have the perfect timing.
Tldr, players need good timing to be effective at boost stealing, rather than just boosting forward letting the boost do its job.
hwcubs2012 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing boost steal go, but the 1t thing would take some getting used to. Many people end up clicking during boosts anyway because it's so inconsistent to steal, which leads to turnovers.
Watermelon wrote:I personally wouldn't mind boost steal getting removed, it would remove some of the confusion involved with driving, because it's hard to really tell where the boost steal timing begins and ends, so you're never 100% sure if you should also be left clicking to resteal during the boost.

That being said, I don't think it's very necessary, so I'm pretty indifferent to it.

Forcefield cancel is a good idea.

Onetimer change is fine so long as (after players get used to it) it doesn't become a major nuisance. Any non-major change to improve latency gets an A+ in my book

pls no fights though, that idea is pretty bad. zh thrives on its simplicity of gameplay, we don't need fights. maybe in standalone where you can build the game from the ground up with fights in mind... but not zh
ZachSmack wrote:
+1 to every point here

Version 1.316 May 30th 2016

[GAMEPLAY] The "check" ability no longer steals the puck. It now only applies a movement boost

krazymen wrote:
Bulbasaaur wrote:
+1 bring back boost steals

zh community will do what they do best about any change - whine endlessly and mindlessly

lul have fun themusic

Last edited by JMoney on Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.