Bring back Z steal?

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
User avatar
Blitz
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by Blitz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:52 pm

It seems the community as a whole is in favor of bringing it back, might be time to re-implement it.

Also can the Boom and Krazymen wall of texts cease please.
You're literally arguing this : NA has on average 60+ ping in a game, with much stronger forwards to face. Defenders need boost steal on NA to survive. EU has 10ms on average and you can just hit the miracle click kinda easily especially when your forwards are weaker. Simple solution, give NA boost steal, don't give EU boost steal...
Image

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
User avatar
RusH
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by RusH » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:01 pm

The community as a whole is not in favor of bringing it back. Plenty like it the way it is now.
User avatar
TinyTerran
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by TinyTerran » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:07 pm

RusH wrote:The community as a whole is not in favor of bringing it back. Plenty like it the way it is now.

47% is the community as a whole? mmmmmmk
User avatar
RusH
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by RusH » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:09 pm

53% is the community as a whole? mmmmmmk
Blitz wrote:It seems the community as a whole is in favor of bringing it back
BoooM
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 pm
Battle.net Name: BoooM
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by BoooM » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:31 pm

(1)
McDoudles wrote:I am not sure how way the Z steal effects this.
There has been a shift in meta in EU. Half an year ago, there were not many players that could spam click and walk reliably. Nowadays, every pub has at least somebody that is able to do it through the whole rink if left alone. It still is not a problem for any semi-competent player to get the puck away from them.

(2)This is not at all what I am saying.
krazymen wrote:I also never said that eu had no good spammers, I said that you specifically probably didnt play against good spammers if it was so easy to spam the puck away.
I have not missed a EUDL main league game since the beginning of the year. I have racked up god knows how many hundred games with every possible EU player at the same time. Ergo saying that I have not played against good spammers is equal to saying that there are no good spammers on EU.

(3-4) This seems to be an obvious case of differing philosophies on how to defend best. Both of us have stated their arguments for either choice. At the end of the day, people should play however it works best for them. I have been faring far too well and without any problems with my style to ever consider changing it in a normal scenario.
The only factually wrong thing in your statement is:
krazymen wrote:Staying on the zealot to counter spam might be a gamble because you dont have a real good chance of removing the puck against a better player
As long as you are not behind the striker, there is always a side you can spam it away it. I do not know how this changes when one or both of the players have high ping, but on equal grounds with a fairly low ping, there is always a side you can spam away to.

(5) I agree with your statement. But I have been arguing that I do not view this as an advantage in exactly in high level play, because you will not see the opportunity to use this trick successfully even remotely close to regularly.

(6) People everywhere seem to have found the power of LMB. Even if steal boost was reintroduced, we will still be seeing mass spam in nearly every duel in front of the crease, because it has been and still is the most efficient way to prevent somebody from scoring. The only situation you could argue would change is when the striker is trying to spam walk through a defender. I personally neither view boost stealing as the optimal option to defend in this situation, nor have I seen any change in the successful defense of this trick despite it becoming so much more popular.
User avatar
TinyTerran
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by TinyTerran » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:52 pm

RusH wrote:53% is the community as a whole? mmmmmmk
Blitz wrote:It seems the community as a whole is in favor of bringing it back
53% is closer to a whole than 47%.

lol stayrekt
User avatar
Mets
Commissioner
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:40 am
Battle.net Name: Mets
Battle.net Char Code: 1582
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by Mets » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Bring back boost steal and make zealots drop their stick for a couple seconds if they spam left click too much
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
Vapour wrote:Tenkz who loves off mets
MoS
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:51 pm
Battle.net Name: MoS
Battle.net Char Code: 671
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by MoS » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 pm

TinyTerran wrote:
RusH wrote:53% is the community as a whole? mmmmmmk
Blitz wrote:It seems the community as a whole is in favor of bringing it back
53% is closer to a whole than 47%.

lol stayrekt
We're talking about bringing back a mechanic that has been taken away. If you had any notion of sociology, psychology or even politics you would know that a significant amount people would turn against a recent change to force out the difficulty they have had with the change itself, blaming it for any trouble they would have. Thus this percentage cannot be trusted - otherwise in one month we have 53 percent to take the boost steal off again.
User avatar
JMoney
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:34 am
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by JMoney » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:41 pm

remove stealing


stealing is for inner city lower socioeconomic status kids
User avatar
Blitz
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by Blitz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:01 pm

MoS wrote:
TinyTerran wrote:
RusH wrote:53% is the community as a whole? mmmmmmk
53% is closer to a whole than 47%.

lol stayrekt
We're talking about bringing back a mechanic that has been taken away. If you had any notion of sociology, psychology or even politics you would know that a significant amount people would turn against a recent change to force out the difficulty they have had with the change itself, blaming it for any trouble they would have. Thus this percentage cannot be trusted - otherwise in one month we have 53 percent to take the boost steal off again.
You're right I don't focus on sociology. I actually have a big boy job as an electrical engineer because I'm more interested in making money rather than theorizing about society. Don't take stabs at ones personal qualifications to post an argument, it makes you look bad.

Now onto the actual discussion, you say that boost steal was taken away under the decision of the community because it was bad. Literally Leeroy logged on, told nobody what he was doing, took out the game mechanic, and then re-disappeared. So no it was just a ninja dev action. Obviously the MAJORITY of the community wants boost steal back because 53%-47% is kind of a landslide on a poll.
Image

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Post Reply