Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by krazymen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:22 pm

(2)This is not at all what I am saying.
krazymen wrote:I also never said that eu had no good spammers, I said that you specifically probably didnt play against good spammers if it was so easy to spam the puck away.
I have not missed a EUDL main league game since the beginning of the year. I have racked up god knows how many hundred games with every possible EU player at the same time. Ergo saying that I have not played against good spammers is equal to saying that there are no good spammers on EU.

(3-4) This seems to be an obvious case of differing philosophies on how to defend best. Both of us have stated their arguments for either choice. At the end of the day, people should play however it works best for them. I have been faring far too well and without any problems with my style to ever consider changing it in a normal scenario.
The only factually wrong thing in your statement is:
krazymen wrote:Staying on the zealot to counter spam might be a gamble because you dont have a real good chance of removing the puck against a better player
As long as you are not behind the striker, there is always a side you can spam it away it. I do not know how this changes when one or both of the players have high ping, but on equal grounds with a fairly low ping, there is always a side you can spam away to.

(5) I agree with your statement. But I have been arguing that I do not view this as an advantage in exactly in high level play, because you will not see the opportunity to use this trick successfully even remotely close to regularly.

(6) People everywhere seem to have found the power of LMB. Even if steal boost was reintroduced, we will still be seeing mass spam in nearly every duel in front of the crease, because it has been and still is the most efficient way to prevent somebody from scoring. The only situation you could argue would change is when the striker is trying to spam walk through a defender. I personally neither view boost stealing as the optimal option to defend in this situation, nor have I seen any change in the successful defense of this trick despite it becoming so much more popular.[/quote]

2) then perhaps the NA spam clickers offense are better than their eu counterpart, I personally rarely play on eu because of ping, same for you so unless we get a big plane and fly everyone from one place to the other we will never know.

3-4) against a better player if the other guy is better than you then its not so obvious as to spam to the open side.

5) it was done regularly before, I know some people that used it regularly at least.

6) the meta shifts based on what works better, if the spam doesnt work as well with boost steal then there will be less spam and something else will appear. Now this whole discussion like blitz says is mostly based on server based play it seems. Theres really no point to argue since you think something else than me. However the majority of people want to see it back, maybe we should do an eu poll and an na poll to see what both servers actually think.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
JMoney
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by JMoney » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:25 am

TL;DR

guy WHOSE gameplay benefits from no boost steal: boost steal is bad

guy WHOSE gameplay is hurt by no boost steal: boost steal was good

alternate TL;DR

guy WHOSE gameplay benefited from boost steal: boost steal was good

guy WHOSE gameplay was hurt by boost steal: boost steal is bad

ur welcome folks as a LM i am ur public servant
Last edited by JMoney on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:50 am

WHOSE
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
MoS
Battle.net Name: MoS
Battle.net Char Code: 671
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by MoS » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:32 am

Blitz wrote:
MoS wrote:
TinyTerran wrote:
53% is closer to a whole than 47%.

lol stayrekt
We're talking about bringing back a mechanic that has been taken away. If you had any notion of sociology, psychology or even politics you would know that a significant amount people would turn against a recent change to force out the difficulty they have had with the change itself, blaming it for any trouble they would have. Thus this percentage cannot be trusted - otherwise in one month we have 53 percent to take the boost steal off again.
You're right I don't focus on sociology. I actually have a big boy job as an electrical engineer because I'm more interested in making money rather than theorizing about society. Don't take stabs at ones personal qualifications to post an argument, it makes you look bad.
I was bringing enlightment on how to read those numbers. You did not even consider the point I was making!
krazymen wrote: 6) the meta shifts based on what works better, if the spam doesnt work as well with boost steal then there will be less spam and something else will appear. Now this whole discussion like blitz says is mostly based on server based play it seems. Theres really no point to argue since you think something else than me. However the majority of people want to see it back, maybe we should do an eu poll and an na poll to see what both servers actually think.
That's a good idea I believe
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:32 am

this is hardly even a reliable poll anymore. extremely easy to give multiple votes.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile
TwoDeuce
Battle.net Name: TwoDeuce
Battle.net Char Code: 616

Post by TwoDeuce » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:34 pm

DON'T BRING IT BACK.
OFFENSE 2 HARD.
LEARN TO Z + LEFT CLICK.
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by LittleDicky » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:53 pm

I vote yes to bring back
My arguments:
- situational use
- skill based, player has to be aware of how mechanic works and how to use it well
- need to be aware if enemy has Z or not if you plan to skate on top of him.
- has a cooldown, can be predicted.

Sorry i have no time to read all these posts, just adding my vote.
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:07 pm

don't worry leeroy will do wahtever the fuck he wants anyways
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Yo give me access to the map editor, I'll remove goalie shields because fuck goalies, we don't need them anyways. Give AI goalie and AI defender,
Much better IMO

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Marker
Battle.net Name: Marker
Battle.net Char Code: 164

Post by Marker » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Blitz wrote:Yo give me access to the map editor, I'll remove goalie shields because fuck goalies, we don't need them anyways. Give AI goalie and AI defender,
Much better IMO
Lets also make AI offense and AI support, give things different stats, make them play each other, make a gambling site and make millions off people betting against this.

PGP KEY

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0BO0QBS9-l_SW03alNQMnF6Z0U/view?usp=sharing