Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Bring back Z steal?

Post by Watermelon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Marker wrote:
Blitz wrote:Yo give me access to the map editor, I'll remove goalie shields because fuck goalies, we don't need them anyways. Give AI goalie and AI defender,
Much better IMO
Lets also make AI offense and AI support, give things different stats, make them play each other, make a gambling site and make millions off people betting against this.
u could make a site and pretend like its not yours, film yourself winning money and promote the site to dumb minors like gigipopper. then get arrested. just like that tmartin guy with csgolotto
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Watermelon wrote:
Marker wrote:
Blitz wrote:Yo give me access to the map editor, I'll remove goalie shields because fuck goalies, we don't need them anyways. Give AI goalie and AI defender,
Much better IMO
Lets also make AI offense and AI support, give things different stats, make them play each other, make a gambling site and make millions off people betting against this.
u could make a site and pretend like its not yours, film yourself winning money and promote the site to dumb minors like gigipopper. then get arrested. just like that tmartin guy with csgolotto
Lets do something gay to that site... Let's piss on it
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
Amigaway
Battle.net Name: Yeuyeu
Battle.net Char Code: 300
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by Amigaway » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 am

Hum... I'm not nearly as qualified as Boom or NA zhl level players to question the usefulness of Z steal, but à bout that whole "it's great for def / it's terrible for def / it's useless... Can't you just pull out the stats from previous seasons ? I know the teams aren't the same ans players might have improved between them but still :

- if stealing really helps def, you should see an increase in the number of goals made as a whole during the last season (by taking out the extreme 10-0 or so from totally unba games). The opposite result would mean it's favorable to offense.
- if there is only a small difference, it probably means its impact is marginal.

This might be a stupid comment since teams change each season, but assuming you take out the totally unba games or teams, I think it might work ? Would at least clarify if there is indeed a difference between NA ans EU when it comes to using Z steal effectively.
EU probe league winner, S5, 6, 8

Image by Madmax / <AuroN> Zen
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:19 am

Amigaway wrote:Hum... I'm not nearly as qualified as Boom or NA zhl level players to question the usefulness of Z steal, but à bout that whole "it's great for def / it's terrible for def / it's useless... Can't you just pull out the stats from previous seasons ? I know the teams aren't the same ans players might have improved between them but still :

- if stealing really helps def, you should see an increase in the number of goals made as a whole during the last season (by taking out the extreme 10-0 or so from totally unba games). The opposite result would mean it's favorable to offense.
- if there is only a small difference, it probably means its impact is marginal.

This might be a stupid comment since teams change each season, but assuming you take out the totally unba games or teams, I think it might work ? Would at least clarify if there is indeed a difference between NA ans EU when it comes to using Z steal effectively.
This would not be accurate at all since teams change, new players come in, some players don't sign up, some players change position, different goalie, different attendance and a bunch of other stuff.
Undefeated in 5v5
carlito
Battle.net Name: Carlito
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by carlito » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Why does krazy have any say in anything and why is he not banned yet for juicing?
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:01 pm

carlito wrote:Why does krazy have any say in anything and why is he not banned yet for juicing?
Good point I'll make sure the lm are aware of this serious and terrible issue thank you
Undefeated in 5v5
Cafca
Battle.net Name: Rhonas

Post by Cafca » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:13 pm

I am in favour of bringing back boost steal, and I encourage as many people as possible to support this cause!
Gandalf
Battle.net Name: Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:41 am

Cafca wrote:I am in favour of bringing back boost steal, and I encourage as many people as possible to support this cause!
spoken like a true non ac'r
lykingond
Battle.net Name: Lykingond
Battle.net Char Code: 312

Post by lykingond » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:34 pm

Z steal adds variance to different playstyles -- plz bring back A+
Eldersage
Battle.net Name:

Post by Eldersage » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:17 pm

AU REVOIR
Last edited by Eldersage on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.