ZH Goalie Test Map

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: ZH Goalie Test Map

Post by daggius » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

6. bring back goalie pickups. rewards more active goalies stat wise for coming out to pick up the puck and intercepting shit rather than those pussies who just sit in still in net and scared to move. brings forth the new age of the sweeper keeper. crush already brought this back then someone removed it
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic

Post by themusic » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:02 am

Yea that really needs to be fixed. I'm also looking into adding shutout points.. so you get X points proportionately if you don't let anyone score on you while in net. I want to wait to see the stats at the end of the season to gauge that amount though. Suggestions welcome. 8)
SilentFate
Battle.net Name: SilentFate
Battle.net Char Code: 10000
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by SilentFate » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:57 am

Music ure great and i appreciate greatness
#Free LOGIK ELO
#Free SILENTFATE ELO
#
daggius
Battle.net Name: daggius

Post by daggius » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 pm

dont do the movespeed changes (+10 inside and -20 outside)
1. its non intuitive https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle ... tonishment
2. +10 increases clown car effect while in box for public keepers
3. -20% movespeed outside discourages sweeper keepering which is the badass future of all sports and zhl meta. watch this video immediately or u dont love manly and awesome shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqLOTN75x8&t=101

the big stick is cheesey forget about that tho. basically i hate all the changes but im cool with the double boost but only bc i want to see some double kholins.

now that u've watched the youtube, u realize the sweeper keeper is the badassest. it is high risk of fucking up and therefore highly exciting for the game. but when pulled off correctly it is dominant and awesome. either way the spectators and community benefits. therefore, all further changes should be made to encourage sweeper keeper meta. cheers
themusic

Post by themusic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:46 am

Anyone else have feedback on the crease speed changes?
LoOgiK
Battle.net Name: BlackPhilou
Battle.net Char Code: 2169

Post by LoOgiK » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:09 am

The -11% is totally going to rek counter attacks, I hate it but love the rest
EUDL4 winner #10-0
1st best forum spammer
ZHCL 8 9 Winner
EUDL5 Manager
Redline tourney finalist

VOTE KURT FOR S10 COMMISION
Entropy
Battle.net Name:

Post by Entropy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:04 pm

Sweeper keeper won't be the meta. Every goalie that starts think they are going to be aggressive and successful. But it is never true.
The new meta will definately have moments of very aggresive counter attacks but it will/should be limited in a game.
Personally I am on the fence about the reduced speed outside of net. As a goalie I dont like it because it would be a personal nerf.
But from a standpoint of overall balance I think it would help to balance the double boost game and deter goalies yoloing too far and generating unnecessary goals against their team ( mainly in pubs ).

The new double boost is great and I think the reduced speed outside of net will help counteract the OPness of a long double boost out of goal because you know it is a risk.
Personally I think you should go live with it as is, but be prepared to adjust as needed. It could go either way. Maybe reduce to lower number?
themusic

Post by themusic » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:58 pm

The new era of leeroy jenkins doubleyoloboost offensive goalies... it's not time for that yet
Lazor
Battle.net Name: Lazor

Post by Lazor » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:12 pm

In my opinion the reduced speed should only apply after the end of your first boost and if you boost a second time I think there should be a big increase in the reduced speed so maybe like 20-30%
Would mean you can still go out of crease as usual to find pass openings but stops silly shenanigans from happening.