Powerplay Feedback

Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Powerplay Feedback

Post by themusic » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:44 am

Some of you played the powerplay map, if you have please share your feedback on the mechanics (both good and bad). Feel free to make suggestions too ofc. Here are the current specs:

Description:
Both teams have a powerplay meter. When this cooldown meter is up, the goalie can press "F" to warp into a skater. This provides a powerplay if used offensively. As a skater, the goalie can hit F again at any time to recall back to the goal. When using a powerplay, it will automatically end and recall the goalie back after 40 seconds if the goalie hasn't returned.

Specs:
Powerplay meter cooldown: 50 seconds
Warp to skater cast time: .8 seconds
Recall to goalie cast time: .8 seconds
Powerplay timeout time: 40 sec

Stoppage of play:
If both teams are using their powerplay and a goal is scored, the scoring team has their powerplay meter reset and the other team keeps their charge
If a team is using a powerplay and the goalie holds the puck, that team still keeps their charge
Once the period ends both teams powerplay meters are reset

Love,
themusic
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Re: Powerplay Feedback

Post by Blitz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Wait is this what I suggested to do when I was crazy drunk LOL.. Gotta try this

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Gandalf
Battle.net Name: Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:51 pm

It was extremely fun to play and I wouldn't get tired of it. I think this will really add options to offense, decrease the amount of sharking and put more emphasis of resetting the defense after a saved goal (4v2 is much worse than 4v3).

I haven't really seen a shortage of people willing to goalie so I won't say a benefit of this is to make more people play goalie...but there's more like a shortage of skilled goalies. This could make people more dedicated to the goalie roll and get better though!

That being said, I think the warp back is OP. I can literally be a driver and then warp back basically instantly. I LOVE the fact I can warp back instantly, but many people will probably see it as OP. A HUGE nerf would be to make it so you have to walk back to the crease to switch back...or increasing time....or just nerf something else to make up for it. (reset time, time out..etc)

Passing to myself was quite fun

Great job music!

10/10 addon
TeeKay
Legend
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Server: CN

Post by TeeKay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 pm

This sounds like cafca's wet dream. Goalie-forward lock for next season. I could see this influencing some good skaters who are also good goalies to play goalie for a season. Proster could goalie but still get forward for 2-3 minutes a game? Could increase the draft value of goalies.

Gandalf wrote:That being said, I think the warp back is OP. I can literally be a driver and then warp back basically instantly. I LOVE the fact I can warp back instantly, but many people will probably see it as OP. A HUGE nerf would be to make it so you have to walk back to the crease to switch back...or increasing time....or just nerf something else to make up for it. (reset time, time out..etc)
What if touching the boards anywhere along the boards made the goalie spawn by the boards in your own end? (reverse goalie pull)
Last edited by TeeKay on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf
Battle.net Name: Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm going to retract my statement about nerfing the goalie warp back. It's not OP. Making goalie better.
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:40 pm

#bringbackinstantstop
carlito
Battle.net Name: Carlito

Post by carlito » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:13 am

Please make -check permanent in zh, it makes the game more real and people won't be able to macro dribble through players
spach15
Battle.net Name: elSPACH
Battle.net Char Code: 1255

Post by spach15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:52 am

Its a must add.. Goalies that are making the transfer to skater can now just stay goalie and still be skilled skaters. The idea in itself should make higher scoring games which I think is good. With this offenses can actually get strategic and need a plan of attack. It doesn't really unbalance the game either. On a penalty kill in hockey the team is gonna focus defense and dump the puck, and the same should happen in zh. 3 defenders and a goalie fending off 4 skaters improves the game so much. Pulling the goalie when down 2 late in the third is actually a viable option now and will keep games closer i think.
spach15

Post by spach15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 am

carlito wrote:Please make -check permanent in zh, it makes the game more real and people won't be able to macro dribble through players
checking is plain random and it would fuck with the game. Removing checking was a huge step forward
spach15

Post by spach15 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:59 am

Gandalf wrote:I'm going to retract my statement about nerfing the goalie warp back. It's not OP. Making goalie better.
It resets the goalie after a powerplay not op at all. Almost a disadvatage if you warp back when you're on defense