Post suggestions you have here that relate to the game's mechanics
Wildfire
Legend
Battle.net Name: WildFire
Battle.net Char Code: 427
Battle.net Server: NA

Dynamic shot bar

Post by Wildfire » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:06 pm

we should have a Dynamic shot bar, a shot bar that doesn't scale up and up and up, but instead has a 100% zone around the 70-85% charged area, this discourages the use of holding down the button till you find a hole and letting go.
OptimusReim
Battle.net Name: Reimer
Battle.net Char Code: 367

Re: Dynamic shot bar

Post by OptimusReim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Wildfire wrote:we should have a Dynamic shot bar, a shot bar that doesn't scale up and up and up, but instead has a 100% zone around the 70-85% charged area,
I like this idea, maybe have it similar to the golf games where the center bar is the sweet spot and the further away from it the weaker the shot is. The bar could have a green zone which is a slap shot, yellow which is a slower wrist shot and a small red that is a fast one timer shot. As a goalie this would help out a lot for 2 reasons

1) it makes it harder for someone to just camp in center ice and just wire it whenever they feel like (like you said)

2) and really good grinders like bruce can force out a forcefield and wait for it to fade before they shoot. if the shot bar was changed it would mean they would have to line up the timing of the shot with the bar and not just wait for the forcefield to leave

i'd be really happy if i saw this in the game, but it would have to be balanced so it owuldnt be impossible to score
Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm
Leeroy
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Leeroy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 am

Right now, we had it implemented to where if someone were to right click to keep juking while holding down shot power bar, it would remove some of the power. I like this idea better, however, I think it fixes that problem, and could also improve some other aspects of play. I think we'll try it out.
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638

Post by Kurt_58 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 pm

I like the idea that the power would drain down but we could also do it to where if the shot is held full power then the pass gets more unaccurate. And the longer its held down the wider radius the pass could go to.