Boost steal

Think something needs to be balanced? Post it here!
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Boost steal

Post by Bulbasaaur » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:47 pm

i just want instant stop.. makes goalie more fun
MoS
Battle.net Name: MoS
Battle.net Char Code: 671
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by MoS » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am

Gandalf wrote:
MoS wrote:#saynotobooststeal

Though there was a discussion before, and frankly I don't see the point of reversing it once again. Might as well stick to a decision at some point.
This kinda thinking, is what is wrong with the world
There used to be boost steal. Then we removed it. Then we added it again. Now they want it removed again.
Don't you see a pattern here? Maybe we should focus on other parts of the game. There are two opinions on the subject, the arguments have been previously laid down, a decision has been taken. Now move on.
Gandalf
Battle.net Name: Gandalf
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Gandalf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:09 pm

MoS wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
MoS wrote:#saynotobooststeal

Though there was a discussion before, and frankly I don't see the point of reversing it once again. Might as well stick to a decision at some point.
This kinda thinking, is what is wrong with the world
There used to be boost steal. Then we removed it. Then we added it again. Now they want it removed again.
Don't you see a pattern here? Maybe we should focus on other parts of the game. There are two opinions on the subject, the arguments have been previously laid down, a decision has been taken. Now move on.
The best answer to a problem is unrelated to the amount of times people enact on solutions to that problem...............................

Do the best thing, not the easiest or quickest!
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Eldersage wrote: There is nearly no chance of losing the puck against a single skater when you and him each have exactly only one steal available ... Anytime a single skater steals from you, you will always have a [re]steal available and the opponent will never have another steal immediately available
I don't understand this. And since it's the basis of your entire point, I need to understand it.

From what I can gather, you are saying that the enemy doesn't immediately have another steal after they steal it from you, so you can steal it right back?

If this is what your saying, GET ON THE ICE, and tell me again after skating a bit. We are not robots who can take into account both player's momentums, know which way to re-steal, know exactly when to click and where, know EXACTLY when the other player clicks, and can instantly re-steal the puck even remotely close to every time.

For example, sometimes if I see my momentum is the same as my enemy's, I won't click and will see if he passes to me, then i can click away before he can click again.

There are tons of different ways to meta as skater with clicks and turns and stops. I'm not sure how you can say it's stale when I rarely see you trying anything different as a skater!

Boost steal takes skill out, period. It prevents players who have higher skill from ending up with the puck after a great click.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:23 pm

Gandalf wrote:I'm not sure how you can say it's stale when I rarely see you trying anything different as a skater!
I didn't mean that as a insult or put-downer as much as I meant it as....You haven't skated that much.
Eldersage
Battle.net Name:

Post by Eldersage » Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 pm

AU REVOIR
Last edited by Eldersage on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky

Post by DerrocK » Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 pm

I LUL'd at everything until "rewards skill" which is simply where I stopped reading
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Lime
Battle.net Name: Lime
Battle.net Char Code: 2821

Post by Lime » Tue May 09, 2017 1:14 pm

the only summary i got from that was the shit you typed that came out your ass, LuL
Eldersage
Battle.net Name:

Post by Eldersage » Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm

AU REVOIR
Last edited by Eldersage on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slide
Battle.net Name: slide
Battle.net Char Code: 824

Post by Slide » Tue May 30, 2017 4:22 am

just remove it, 99% of the time it's ramdom 0,9% of the time it's calculated but still the attacker turn his stick back in case it didnt works, 0,1% of the time it works perfectly.
Draft league (EUDL s2) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL3) : winner
Draft league (EUDL4) : winner
Draft League (ZHL8) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL6) : finalist (LUL)
Draft league (EUDL8) : winner
44 000 gambling Marker bot