Boost steal

Think something needs to be balanced? Post it here!
RusH
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Boost steal

Post by RusH » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:26 pm

LoOgiK wrote: developper that we have atm doesn't give a shit of zh and prefers to create a game called cryoblade which will obviously not work and split the community.
shut the fuck up loogik, thx
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by DerrocK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:09 pm

RusH wrote:
LoOgiK wrote: developper that we have atm doesn't give a shit of zh and prefers to create a game called cryoblade which will obviously not work and split the community.
shut the fuck up loogik, thx
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
DerrocK

Post by DerrocK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:10 pm

where is blitzerg when u need him...
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Slide
Battle.net Name: slide
Battle.net Char Code: 824

Post by Slide » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:39 am

Eldersage wrote:Or that Force Field only lasts approximately 0.789 seconds... mmmhmm.
L.O.L
Draft league (EUDL s2) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL3) : winner
Draft league (EUDL4) : winner
Draft League (ZHL8) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL6) : finalist (LUL)
Draft league (EUDL8) : winner
44 000 gambling Marker bot
Lime
Battle.net Name: Lime
Battle.net Char Code: 2821

Post by Lime » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Get rid of b00st 5t341 plz )
MoS
Battle.net Name: MoS
Battle.net Char Code: 671

Post by MoS » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 am

It's really interesting to see how much the opinions differ between EU and NA about boost steal. I have yet to meet anyone on EU tell me boost steal is a positive mechanic to have in the game
DerrocK

Post by DerrocK » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 am

That kinda means - All of EU = no boost steal. Some NA = No boost steal, Some NA= Yes boost steal.

But after reading that there is going to be an enhancement for boost steal (visual or smth?) I guess I'll wait for it even though I don't think it will change anything (if it's merely a visual effect), people will keep panic boosting without knowing what they do and get luck steals
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Kaigo1
Battle.net Name: Kaigo

Post by Kaigo1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

Maybe its just me and I started playing the game with boost steal, but boost steal used to be great when I first started and when they got rid of it, I had to get used to clicking when boosting (had a lot of boosts to steal and just going right past people) but now that it's back, it's just confusing. Should just get rid of it and never bring it back so peoples mechanics don't get all wonky with a subtle change.
Sid: HEAD OF STATS
Sid: DOES 0 STATS
Sid: SHAKE
Sid: MY
Sid: GOD
Sid: DAMN
Sid: HEAD
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576

Post by maha » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:12 pm

LoOgiK wrote:The problem is that it's random af except if you study boost steal timing atleast 6hours per day during one month, just like elder and that it won't change anything to complain anyways since the only developper that we have atm doesn't give a shit of zh and prefers to create a game called cryoblade which will obviously not work and split the community.
Nobody is getting paid, and it takes a lot of time and effort to be constantly developing a game AND help manage league (themusic is vice commish for NA league). Themusic has spent the last 2 years or so developing ZH on his own time. Players these days don't remember when it was just Leeroy and Reputed, and game-breaking bugs would take a month to fix. There is a LOT of shit that goes on under the hood that goes unnoticed. Does anyone remember when 1 player lagging would cause other players to lag? Xapos effect? Remember when the game was nearly unplayable on off-servers? There was not only delay, but also rubberbanding and stutters. Crush tried to combat the lag issues in ZH, but never truly fixed them. There are tons of other little bug fixes and polish that themusic and other devs contributed to.. so please stop taking the devs' hard work for granted and spiting them for shifting their focus to other things.
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
DerrocK

Post by DerrocK » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:43 pm

maha wrote:
LoOgiK wrote:The problem is that it's random af except if you study boost steal timing atleast 6hours per day during one month, just like elder and that it won't change anything to complain anyways since the only developper that we have atm doesn't give a shit of zh and prefers to create a game called cryoblade which will obviously not work and split the community.
Nobody is getting paid, and it takes a lot of time and effort to be constantly developing a game AND help manage league (themusic is vice commish for NA league). Themusic has spent the last 2 years or so developing ZH on his own time. Players these days don't remember when it was just Leeroy and Reputed, and game-breaking bugs would take a month to fix. There is a LOT of shit that goes on under the hood that goes unnoticed. Does anyone remember when 1 player lagging would cause other players to lag? Xapos effect? Remember when the game was nearly unplayable on off-servers? There was not only delay, but also rubberbanding and stutters. Crush tried to combat the lag issues in ZH, but never truly fixed them. There are tons of other little bug fixes and polish that themusic and other devs contributed to.. so please stop taking the devs' hard work for granted and spiting them for shifting their focus to other things.
Wouldn't it be a good time to use your mod powers to delete these kinds of post? I think no1 would bring up the "expressing your opinion" argument when it's about attacking the devs. I've seen a lot less cancerous posts being deleted.
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster