Boost steal

Think something needs to be balanced? Post it here!
maha
Battle.net Name: maharishi
Battle.net Char Code: 576
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Boost steal

Post by maha » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:20 pm

DerrocK wrote:
maha wrote:
LoOgiK wrote:The problem is that it's random af except if you study boost steal timing atleast 6hours per day during one month, just like elder and that it won't change anything to complain anyways since the only developper that we have atm doesn't give a shit of zh and prefers to create a game called cryoblade which will obviously not work and split the community.
Nobody is getting paid, and it takes a lot of time and effort to be constantly developing a game AND help manage league (themusic is vice commish for NA league). Themusic has spent the last 2 years or so developing ZH on his own time. Players these days don't remember when it was just Leeroy and Reputed, and game-breaking bugs would take a month to fix. There is a LOT of shit that goes on under the hood that goes unnoticed. Does anyone remember when 1 player lagging would cause other players to lag? Xapos effect? Remember when the game was nearly unplayable on off-servers? There was not only delay, but also rubberbanding and stutters. Crush tried to combat the lag issues in ZH, but never truly fixed them. There are tons of other little bug fixes and polish that themusic and other devs contributed to.. so please stop taking the devs' hard work for granted and spiting them for shifting their focus to other things.
Wouldn't it be a good time to use your mod powers to delete these kinds of post? I think no1 would bring up the "expressing your opinion" argument when it's about attacking the devs. I've seen a lot less cancerous posts being deleted.
I'm not sure it's necessary. He isn't blatantly flaming anyone and is mostly expressing his frustrations. I'm personally not a fan of deleting posts unless there's a really good reason.
"This is the most absurd piece of garbage that can't even be applied to the actual league. Great job embarrassing yourselves."
MoS
Battle.net Name: MoS
Battle.net Char Code: 671
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by MoS » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Also, I think we all agree on what you said maha. I'd rather see this kind of posts unanswered or deleted, as they are clearly just embarassing their author.
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 pm

If that post would affect the music he would've deleted it himself.

This is just logik being logik LUL
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by forumusername » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:57 am

delete all logik posts? sounds gud 2 me
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation
LoOgiK
Battle.net Name: BlackPhilou
Battle.net Char Code: 2169

Post by LoOgiK » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm

For
EUDL4 winner #10-0
1st best forum spammer
ZHCL 8 9 Winner
EUDL5 Manager
Redline tourney finalist

VOTE KURT FOR S10 COMMISION
themusic
Battle.net Name: themusic

Post by themusic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Rage posts are fine i dont take it personal ;) Like maha said, only deleting racist, sexist and blatant attacks on someone should be moderated.

The current patch in the queue aims to fix the obviousness of when you can actually steal and improves the consistency of it actually stealing. I think as a good first step its better to improve the mechanic (make it feel less random) than to remove it completely. Hopefully this will let the players who enjoy it use it better, and the players who dont understand its randomn feeling predict it better.
Gandalf
Battle.net Name: Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:52 pm

themusic wrote:Rage posts are fine i dont take it personal ;) Like maha said, only deleting racist, sexist and blatant attacks on someone should be moderated.

The current patch in the queue aims to fix the obviousness of when you can actually steal and improves the consistency of it actually stealing. I think as a good first step its better to improve the mechanic (make it feel less random) than to remove it completely. Hopefully this will let the players who enjoy it use it better, and the players who dont understand its randomn feeling predict it better.
Yo music, I hate your race, your sex is disgusting, and i will find you and end you.
LoOgiK
Battle.net Name: BlackPhilou
Battle.net Char Code: 2169

Post by LoOgiK » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Gandalf is a great guy
EUDL4 winner #10-0
1st best forum spammer
ZHCL 8 9 Winner
EUDL5 Manager
Redline tourney finalist