Swift Defense

Counter_This
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Swift Defense

Post by Counter_This » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:47 pm

From my perception, the quality of defense has decreased in ZHL. The reason for this is other people like myself have stopped playing defense in order to take a bite out of the offensive scene and there aren't people replacing them. My goal is to train a few people how to play my style of defense so that the league and the selected players may also benefit.

I was told when I started playing that the fastest way to get to ZHL is by playing defense. This is true because of the lack of players that want to play defense because they don't get to score goals. If you look at it this way, there aren't teams winning ZHL finals without a complete line up of Forward, Support, Defense, Goalie. A good defense is an anchor role for a team. It relieves stress off a team's goalie and allows the offense to focus on offense instead of both offense and defense.

My Defensive style is passive and never forfeits defensive positioning in any scenario. My defense relies on a tandem between goalie and defensive responsibilities.

Goalies are welcome to sit in on coaching sessions to understand what their responsibilities are versus defender responsibilities.

If I'm able to find 2-3 players interested and capable of learning and practicing my style of defense then I will host training lobbies and create the products necessary for the training.

Qualifications:
I must not consider you a skill capped player
You must be open minded and willing to learn how to play differently from what you already do
Once taught, you must be able to learn from your own mistakes and improve on them with the training I've given you
Must be an active player

Application Requirements:
Please include your Bnet name with character code and any other aliases you go by
Identify if you want to be a candidate for defensive training or a goalie for responsibility review
Timezone that you live in, what days of the week and times you're able to practice

Disclaimer: I don't put up with bullshit, either you come to learn or I remove you from the training. This is to benefit individual players within ZHL and the overall quality of the league. If you are selected you are expected to sign up as a defender at least next season, if I don't believe you to be honest in signing up as a defender I will not accept your candidacy.

SIGNUP WILL CLOSE THIS FRIDAY AT 11:59PM APRIL 22
Last edited by Counter_This on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Meepomart
Battle.net Name: Meepomart
Battle.net Char Code: 550

Re: Swift Defense

Post by Meepomart » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:24 am

Meepomart 550
Both as goalie to observe and defender to learn if possible!
PST
MW from 7 pm
F from 3 pm
Sat from 7 pm
Sun all day
Thanks for offering your knowledge Swift (:
Last edited by Meepomart on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlgbx
Battle.net Name: ǷǷǷ
Battle.net Char Code: 1

Post by mlgbx » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:46 am

mlgbx#1396
very interested in defensive training
pst timezone. monday wednesday friday saturday are best. or tuesday thursday after 10pm pst.

i felt like i was at my best on ice after the times you helped me in the past. after my last few probe games i realized i really need to sit down and reflect on my playstyle.

thanks swift and even if im not accepted its cool that youre doing this for the community.
Last edited by mlgbx on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopeybutt
Battle.net Name: cowsmoke
Battle.net Char Code: 1234
Battle.net Server: KR

Post by poopeybutt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:00 am

gigidapopper#1953

I am vry bad at defense. pls help. i will hev open mnd and will be ectiv. pls teech me how to defen. Pm me so we can get started. pl and tank u
I might be on in a week or so...
Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713

Post by Blitz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:21 am

Good for you for doing this. I'm trying to do the same thing with a raffle. Can vouch for Swift's enthusiasm for the game. Don't let forum public opinions of a person let you sway your own opinion for free help. Good luck to all. :D

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:32 am

Shadowbladez#1902
I am not very good at defense, and while I am not a main-defender, would like to be able to solo defend at times when I need to (allows for more rotation, and switching things up).
I just want to get better at defense, save me as a last resort, as there are people who need this more than I do.
I'm on usually around 6-10 PM EST all days.
OptimusReim
Battle.net Name: Reimer
Battle.net Char Code: 367

Post by OptimusReim » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:20 am

I can vouch for swift from playing with him season 6. There were legitimately times when I could have gone out for dinner and come back with a shutout. He was very good at cutting off chances before the offence could even get a shot off, or limit the amount of potential shots so I could just wait to X.
Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm Halogasm
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 am

o.o
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:24 pm

OptimusReim wrote:I can vouch for swift from playing with him season 6. There were legitimately times when I could have gone out for dinner and come back with a shutout. He was very good at cutting off chances before the offence could even get a shot off, or limit the amount of potential shots so I could just wait to X.
^This

Swift has been top 3 in perma d since s5 (he just doesnt want to stay back anymore, fuck that guy!)
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Watermelon wrote:
OptimusReim wrote:I can vouch for swift from playing with him season 6. There were legitimately times when I could have gone out for dinner and come back with a shutout. He was very good at cutting off chances before the offence could even get a shot off, or limit the amount of potential shots so I could just wait to X.
^This

Swift has been top 3 in perma d since s5 (he just doesnt want to stay back anymore, fuck that guy!)
CONFIRMS THE TRADE IS IMBA.
cya ;)