Free Goalie Coaching

Meepomart
Battle.net Name: Meepomart
Battle.net Char Code: 550
Battle.net Server: NA

Free Goalie Coaching

Post by Meepomart » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:19 am

Hey guys, this post is primarily directed towards both newer goalies, and skaters that are interested in learning goalie techniques. If you were drafted as a ZHL goalie in prior seasons, chances are I won't be able to help you significantly and having me coach you might just hurt your style more than anything else. However, if you're still interested, feel free to message me!

Since I'm posting for newer players who might not know me, a little about myself.
I first signed up for Season 6 as a skater and was drafted to the Tarsonis City Wildcats for probe league. I switched to goalie mid-season out of necessity but also because I gravitated towards the role when I briefly played zealot hockey ~2 years ago. Since then, I've been coached by all kinds of players, ranging from PROtoss, a veteran goalie from the early days of ZHL, to NoVa, a defenseman, to ResSlayer, the goalie voted best in the league for Season 6. Thanks in part to them, I was fortunate enough to be drafted in the fourth round for Season 7 and ended up winning the season with the Zerus Redlings. My point is, I've learned countless lessons from all the people I've played with and the experience I've garnered in hundreds of hours of playing this game. My hope is that these make me knowledgeable enough to help you improve your goal tending.

I'm offering to coach individuals one-on-one, for the better part of an hour or so, about goalie techniques - whether its fundamentals like positioning and blocking snipes, to more advanced techniques like reading your defense and abusing meta. I also strongly recommend that you read ResSlayer's Goalie Bible in it's entirety before reaching out to me for coaching. While I won't turn you away if you haven't, it will not only make it easier for me to communicate advice to you, but also teach you a lot about goal tending in its own right. Two birds with one stone!
Nice things to have when being coached:
  • Teamspeak or Skype and a mic
    Something to take notes with (I might give you a LOT of info so having notes helps to keep you from getting overwhelmed or forgetting things)
    An open and calm mindset
If this interests you, please contact me by leaving a comment below, pm'ing me over forums, or messaging me in-game with your in-game name and battletag and, if you like, a little info about what you hope to get out of being coached. From there we can schedule a time to meet up. I'm hoping to help out AT LEAST 5 players if not more in an effort to encourage more goalies to come out of the woodwork.

Finally, I will be putting together YouTube playlists (or collections of twitch VoDs) of what I consider good goalies to learn from. Watching videos of other goalies was a large part of my improvement process and something I encourage anybody serious about getting better to do! I'll be putting up these playlists as my time permits in a separate thread.

P.S. Sign up for Season 8!!!
Last edited by Meepomart on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Re: Free Goalie Coaching

Post by Tenkz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 am

Meepomart wrote:drafted in the third round for Season 7
you went 4th rd
Meepomart
Battle.net Name: Meepomart
Battle.net Char Code: 550

Post by Meepomart » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 am

2am memory what can i say ;)
rerecalf
Battle.net Name: aaaa

Post by rerecalf » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:52 pm

give me lessons
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:49 pm

ur washed up and don't even play what is this…
forumusername
Battle.net Name: kwakster

Post by forumusername » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:06 pm

nice try blitzerg but we all know your coaching was a failure.. i mean look at yoda
[+] ruckLUL

LF mediation