setting camera locations as goalie

steezysteve
Battle.net Name: steezysteve
Battle.net Char Code: 828
Battle.net Server: NA

setting camera locations as goalie

Post by steezysteve » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:27 pm

you can press spacebar to focus the camera on your goalie, but this leaves your goalie in the middle of the screen and forces you to spend time scrolling the screen to one side or another to be able to see the play developing.
I use the camera hotkeys ctrl + f3 and ctrl + f4 to set the a camera position on my goal and on their goal so i don't have to waste time changing the screen position when i should be positioning my immortal.

this is my screen position for ctrl + f3, at my goal

this is my screen position for ctrl + f4, at their goal

Also, if i steal the puck, i can start charging my shot and then press f4 to quickly switch views to their goal to aim my shot, this is faster than scrolling over to their goal while charging my shot
If f is a continuous real-valued function on a compact metric space M, then f is bounded on M.
CountryKen
Battle.net Name: CountryKen
Battle.net Char Code: 525
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: setting camera locations as goalie

Post by CountryKen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:30 pm

i like it i might try this ! ty
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by Rigensis » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm

I have set control button as middle mouse - camera movement. It helps me to smoothly watch over the game on other side and see possible lines of passes from opponents. Set the camera movement to the comfortable speed in settings.
PinkVoid
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by PinkVoid » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:49 pm

I would suggest rebinding spacebar to center on current selection, this way it works for both keeper and fieldplayer. I had that for ladder before hockey and think it's useful.

I also think that location hotkeys can help aiming faster if you like distant shots or mile passes.
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU