Why am i so bad?

User avatar
PeterDLai
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:56 am
Battle.net Name: PeterDLai
Battle.net Char Code: 100
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by PeterDLai » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 pm

It took me 11111 games and a lot of wall penetration in pubs to get where I am, good luck!
User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by PinkVoid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:58 am

generalxl wrote:Play for play is not the best way to improve also you dont need to play 1500 like said pink , I was good with 200 ;D
BTW you have to train with teamates in special lobbys training passes or new moves
thats the way I improved , more games dont mean you will be better ;D
Lol gen buddy.... At the time you had 200 games everyone else was still terrible. When I had 200 games you had a lot more and still almost every one was terrible, even in private games. That was around the time of the arcade night.

You can dominate some random pubs with 50 games experience.
With 200 games there is no way you are overall a top player in a high level game to compete with maha, kurt or water. No way in hell you know how to time steals, breakouts, propper defending, click effective snipes, jukes, precise passing, disciplined positioning and much more.
People learn faster than before because they try stuff which is already figured out, but it is a different story to master all the techiques.

A lot of games won't make you the champ alone but you do need that experience. Besides that I give you right, Bruce Lee said you only improve with better training routines, not with stale excersise over and over again. In other words: try to improve actively, think about what you want to improve like: less click dribbling, disciplined tackling, being unpredictable …...
RusH wrote:You should definitely listen to General. He's #1 p4p champ
Haha XL, gen must be heavyweight =)
To be fair lightweights usually have better technique (jose aldo......)
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
RusH
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by RusH » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:09 am

Oh nice a fellow MMA fan. :D
User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by PinkVoid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:16 am

RusH wrote:Oh nice a fellow MMA fan. :D
Before sc2 i was combat sport addicted =) mma, k1, traditional martial arts....
Not quite up to date, dont spoil me plz, i have the feeling jose has fallen after gsp and anderson silva :(
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
ilvsntrs
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:43 am
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by ilvsntrs » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:51 am

generalxl wrote:Play for play is not the best way to improve also you dont need to play 1500 like said pink , I was good with 200 ;D
BTW you have to train with teamates in special lobbys training passes or new moves
thats the way I improved , more games dont mean you will be better ;D
i disagree with this. to get better all you have to do is use your brain.
most of high level ihs are interesting because of meta games.
User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by PinkVoid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:42 am

ilvsntrs wrote:
generalxl wrote:Play for play is not the best way to improve also you dont need to play 1500 like said pink , I was good with 200 ;D
BTW you have to train with teamates in special lobbys training passes or new moves
thats the way I improved , more games dont mean you will be better ;D
i disagree with this. to get better all you have to do is use your brain.
most of high level ihs are interesting because of meta games.

Why disagree with gen then? You both say it is not about the amount of games played. However imo you can think as much about the game as you want, you will lack mechanics and experience with 200 games.

Btw now I wonder what your smurf is since I haven't seen you for a long time both on NA and EU. Also why did I hear gossip about you being banned on EU, no1 is banned on EU. I regulary check and unban people so I am pretty sure about it.
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
generalxl
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:37 pm
Battle.net Name: generalxl
Battle.net Char Code: 810
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by generalxl » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:52 am

Its true ILV for this game you need brain to play , you must be smart and think all time ways to destroy the enemy
but even if you are smart , you always will need skill , is the second most important fact in hockey in my opinion, if you lack of something of the 2 your lvl will be lower ;D


And pink at 200 I mastered the pass technique also I won the EU tournament , and all was training with a good friend goalie ;D
in fact have a good master is the most important way to improve
Bye bye
Shoot like no tomorrow >:D
User avatar
ilvsntrs
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:43 am
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by ilvsntrs » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:38 pm

PinkVoid wrote:Btw now I wonder what your smurf is since I haven't seen you for a long time both on NA and EU. Also why did I hear gossip about you being banned on EU, no1 is banned on EU. I regulary check and unban people so I am pretty sure about it.
i have no smurf. I wasnt able to connect on EU for like 2 months. Im back but my stats are gone :(
Last edited by ilvsntrs on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PinkVoid
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 5:14 pm
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by PinkVoid » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:31 pm

ilvsntrs wrote:
i have no smurf. I wasnt able to connect on EU for like 2 months. Im back but my stats are gone :(
strange. never heard one being banned on only one server by blizz.

generalxl wrote: I won the EU tournament
ez because I wasn't playing back then ;)
Image
Templar fans battlenet://starcraft/group/2/225591 @ EU
User avatar
SplatterArt
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:55 pm
Battle.net Name: SplatterArt
Battle.net Char Code: 100
Battle.net Server: EU
Location: Wrocław / Poland

Re: Why am i so bad?

Post by SplatterArt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:53 pm

I guess the better part of what you refer to as 'thinking' or 'being smart' would be being able to predict what will happen in like 3-4 seconds in future.

Especially important when passing - you have to project your mate's position and make the puck reach him in right spot and time!

Also the same applies to stealing - you have to try to predict what your opponent will do in a moment in order to steal the puck!

of course the same is extremaly important for goalies:

decission wether to go forward to grab loose puck/ check opponent or to stay politely in net.
straight passing; rebound passing; shots (?)

the game is becoming more demanding as players get more experience.
Sometimes you have to do pretty unorthodox crazy stuff in order to succeed.

Regards!
Image
Post Reply