Post by Bulbasaaur » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:13 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
RusH
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: NSIC's Guide to Passing

Post by RusH » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Wow that first sentence, such disrespect to a champ like bulb.
NSIC
Battle.net Name: NSIC
Battle.net Char Code: 318

Post by NSIC » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 am

RusH wrote:Wow that first sentence, such disrespect to a champ like bulb.
Hahaha all in good fun.

But srsly, no passing is a disease. I know that we understand the world according to our perspective and experiences. So what I say will likely mean different things to different people. To clarify, I wish to describe my perspective.

Zealot Hockey is evolving. In the early days heavy swingers like PeterDelay and Bruce"tipsy"Cambell would rek us meager noobs all day. But gradually new talent entered the scene and maturing players became consistent. The game changed and will continue to change.

Zealot Hockey is a micro-culture. We are all influencing each other consciously and subconsciously. This includes play-style and what we, as a culture, consider "pro". Right now, many people think that the people who put the puck in the back of the net are considered zealot hockey gods i.e how privileged we are to be graced with their all-knowing presence on the rink. While this is to be expected considering the way we worship celebrities in other micro-cultures, I consider it to be a flawed.

As I have mentioned, zealot hockey is a team sport. To me, that means is shares attributes to other team sports like soccer, basketball, etc. If that is the case, than let us play like the spurs and not like miami. Maybe if we thought this way, and reinforced it with various forms of positive feedback, more people would opt in for goalie, defense and play maker.

A successful team is not a result of one superstar. Its the result of a strong goalie, impenetrable defense, play makers, and yes, finishers. The team, as a cohesive force, dictates what opportunities are made, what chances are lost, what turnovers are allowed.

Of course, in pubhouse matches with semi-randomly arranged teams it often degrades into many abominable sights that I wish we would all acknowledge.

Futsal (indoor soccer) and ZH share many characteristics including field setup and positioning. The most advanced teams in futsal make passes that are measured in milliseconds. Contrast this with players trying to click battle from one end of the field to the other. :shock:

Oddly enough some of the most advanced and fast-paced games I've played have been with not so well-known players like Pants, Chaos, TwoDuece, ZeroGravity. I love playing with these guys, man we can move that puck. That's not to discount well-known players that know when to make the passes like Guerilla, Krazymen, Kurt, Kaioken, PeterDalai, Stealth, Vap and more.

I wish that 100,000 people poured into the ZH scene and totally destroyed our preconceived notions of how to play the game. Perhaps than we could progress the game that much further.

That being said, I think Bulbasour has the potential to be a top player.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/vid ... goal-video
Last edited by NSIC on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranchinator
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131

Post by Ranchinator » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:58 pm

NSIC, please stick to modeling. Let us do the Zealot Hockey strategy while you keep that body nice and fresh!
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
Vapour
Battle.net Name: Valour
Battle.net Char Code: 273

Post by Vapour » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:39 pm

wow ranch, just wow...somebody got the hots for someone.
Ranchinator
Battle.net Name: Ranchinator
Battle.net Char Code: 131

Post by Ranchinator » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Vapour wrote:wow ranch, just wow...somebody got the hots for someone.
NSIC wrote: Image

Cmon Vapour... How can you NOT call that human being hot? XD
Best Captain S5, Best Sportsmanship S5.
2words
Battle.net Name: twoWORDS
Battle.net Char Code: 619

Post by 2words » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Tall, dark and handsome is what every girl wants. Plus you got dat lat action going on.
~The two words you are thinking when you see me before you get WrecKT.

Image Image
NSIC

Post by NSIC » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 am

Ranchinator wrote:NSIC, please stick to modeling. Let us do the Zealot Hockey strategy while you keep that body nice and fresh!
I'm not just some hot piece of meat for you to ogle at Ranch. I have opinions too :lol:
I'll be ugly someday, but on the inside..a polished zh veteran.
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 pm

yay i got potential
NSIC

Post by NSIC » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Individual skill has been thoroughly developed. Still scratching the surface on the emergent properties of team work.

Keep pushing the game :p