Regarding the Ruling

Blitz
Battle.net Name: Blitzerg
Battle.net Char Code: 713
Battle.net Server: NA

Re: lol

Post by Blitz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 am

What exactly is Tenkz banned for? I know that there was an accusation of macro usage, and then there's the attached investigation of intentionally trying to lag the game. Which one is he banned for? Also does this "macro" work with other buttons too? If I were to spam tab 30 times would that lag people out? Has this case-study been done?

P.S. Can you atleast name your serious thread with a serious name, otherwise I'm gonna have to bandwagon the trolling xD.

The only two links you ever need to click:
https://puu.sh/zFTwQ/57cfb6dd4f.png
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2556
DiemodsLOL
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by DiemodsLOL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 am

Wouldn't put it passed Tenks to come up with the ocd habbit this season just for the memes.
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky
Battle.net Server: EU

Post by LittleDicky » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:27 pm

I visit forums everyday and i didn't see any "evidence package". I also see other frequent forum posters saying they were kept in dark.
Where the hell do you public such important information? A Discord?

If what Teknz posted is true, the management fails at using a basic mathematic in creating an "evidence package"...
BoooM
Battle.net Name: BoooM

Post by BoooM » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 pm

90x pressing G in a game sounds quite unneccessary but also fairly irrelevant in a game that lasts 18 or so minutes. As Water said something like 10-20x G/sec or something along the lines would be way more indicative of a macro.
Additionally, it takes little effort to pinpoint the exact moments when G was pressed and the frequency of the clicks, so I'd expect people claiming that Tenkz lagged the game to be able to provide these stats.

If what Tenkz wrote in his post is actually everything people rely on to claim that he caused any disruptions in the game, it seems a very bold claim to say the least...

p.s. Any chance to get any of the replays where Tenkz allegedly caused any lag?
DustDevil
Battle.net Name: WaterDemon
Battle.net Char Code: 1102

Post by DustDevil » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:09 pm

alert said he was lagging vs tenkz gotta ban him I guess xdxd
Sleek
Battle.net Name: Sleek
Battle.net Char Code: 500

Re: Regarding the Ruling

Post by Sleek » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:46 pm

mets is a vindictive idiot FREE TENKZ
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky

Post by DerrocK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:07 pm

1111111111111111 I 111111 have 11111111111 a 1111111 tick 1111111 where 111111111111 I 111111111 press 111111111111 a 11111111111 lot 1111111111 of 111111111 times 111111111 per 11111111111 ggggggggggamegggggggg 111111ggggggg
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Name: Bulbasaaur
Battle.net Char Code: 615

Post by Bulbasaaur » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Blitz wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 am
What exactly is Tenkz banned for? I know that there was an accusation of macro usage, and then there's the attached investigation of intentionally trying to lag the game. Which one is he banned for? Also does this "macro" work with other buttons too? If I were to spam tab 30 times would that lag people out? Has this case-study been done?

P.S. Can you atleast name your serious thread with a serious name, otherwise I'm gonna have to bandwagon the trolling xD.
tab doesn't lag others cuz there's a COOLDOWN on it.. opt in and out should have a cd as well
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz

Post by Tenkz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Bulbasaaur wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 pm
Blitz wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 am

tab doesn't lag others cuz there's a COOLDOWN on it.. opt in and out should have a cd as well

just gonna piggyback off this since this is a point that comes up a lot

the observed inputs are completely 100% possible with tab, as it's not like I was pressing G more than 3 times every ~20 seconds. I do agree a cooldown would be fine, especially if it would clear me of any of these ridiculous claims
Mets
Commissioner
Battle.net Name: Mets
Battle.net Char Code: 1582

Post by Mets » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 am

I am likely only going to make one post in this thread, because I have spent way too much time on this subject already this season.

Tenkz was banned this time for repeating his initial offense which was outlined in the Emergency Ruling #1 Post. League Management voted 3-2 in favor of the ban, and it was upheld by a combined Owner/Management vote, 5-5 (2 Owners abstained from voting. To be vetoed, it required a majority total. TownKrier and Umbreon were both allowed to vote, despite being on Tenkz’s team).

Alongside the ruling there was a warning that furtherance of this behavior would lead to a season-long ban. There were three main factors behind this warning, in my view:
1.) Because there is a significant, plausible malicious intent behind these actions
2.) Ceasing to perform these actions would not affect the player’s gameplay (e.g. it’s different than asking someone who you think may use an auto-clicker to click slower, because that would directly affect the way they play.)
3.) To create an amicable solution between (1) teams who feel they may have been affected by this, (2) Management (so we don’t have to keep dealing with a situation where a team complains about lag from him doing this after every other game) and (3) Tenkz, if he really was innocent and wanted to keep pressing “G”, he could just disable the key before the game. Char did not formally protest the original ruling nor say that he would not be able to comply with this request.

I think the original suspension of three games was overzealous at the time and only a warning would have been better, but after that, there is a responsibility placed upon the team and player. We do not have the time and resources to try and produce scientific studies on something like this. Some players feel they are being negatively affected by a non-pertinent game action, that is possibly being done via a macro (which would open a whole other can of worms), which can easily be stopped. Our solution was just to have him stop to save everyone time and trouble. There was no formal objection to this from the team or player. If there was, we could have worked toward accommodating them. Just because you disagree with a ruling, doesn’t give you the right to defy it, especially when there are protocols in place to challenge any ruling (like they tried to do with this second ruling).

Based off the fairly large sample size of IXDL/elo games and ZHL games of the season, I believe there is a strong possibility that it is being done via a macro, which would be much worse than simply pressing G. If you are using a macro, then it can be combined with undetectable (outside sc2) actions to cause even more lag, which can absolutely slow down the game for other players and cause lag. This is especially relevant for a player who plays on a bad computer. Not to mention macros are against the rules anyway to begin with.

I’m sure each person who voted for or against had their own reasons and thoughts. I was only one of twelve people who could vote on this, but that is how I feel. Anytime a controversial or difficult decision is made, at least one party is going to be unhappy about the outcome. If you don’t like the way League Management or Ownership votes or makes decisions, then you are always welcome to volunteer for any of these positions (only 3 people have expressed any interest in being Commissioner next season, so far). We had to basically beg people to volunteer to be an Owner this season and few are ever interested in being part of Management. I believe because of the way these decisions are often heavily scrutinized, many people are reluctant to participate in a Managerial or Ownership position.