EUDL Weekly Recaps

BacKFisCh
Battle.net Name: BacKFisCh
Battle.net Char Code: 396
Battle.net Server: EU

Re: EUDL Weekly Recaps

Post by BacKFisCh » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Very nice job snail!
Good analysis and a great overview you're giving there!
And also cool video @val!
Really makes it easyier to follow the games and the league without watching all games.
#votedraftleague2015
Shusuke
Battle.net Name: Shüsuke
Battle.net Char Code: 189

Post by Shusuke » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Great writeup snail. And finally you start to understand the greatness of Sanji!
Rigensis
Battle.net Name: Rigensis
Battle.net Char Code: 955

Post by Rigensis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:05 am

Just a reminder that we have youtube channel where you can see most of competition games we have had.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EUZealotHockey/videos

I double dare you to subscribe to our blitz-free youtube channel!
BacKFisCh
Battle.net Name: BacKFisCh
Battle.net Char Code: 396

Post by BacKFisCh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:23 am

Where's week 2?
#votedraftleague2015
Shusuke
Battle.net Name: Shüsuke
Battle.net Char Code: 189

Post by Shusuke » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:31 pm

you can skip week 2 Kappa
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by DerrocK » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Yes pls
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
SilentFate
Battle.net Name: SilentFate
Battle.net Char Code: 10000

Post by SilentFate » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:41 pm

DerrocK wrote:Yes pls
Snail still trying to figure out how to not take L from throwing match in last few seconds..
#Free LOGIK ELO
#Free SILENTFATE ELO
#
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by DerrocK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 am

^
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3
EUS8 W

Narcissism at its best
handsumSnail
Battle.net Name: handsumSnail
Battle.net Char Code: 312

Post by handsumSnail » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Week 2

Game 1: Tits vs Loogik
http://i.imgur.com/kLBpbok.png

Oh dear! I was convinced Loogiks team would do well after week1 performance, and even commented with my fellow owner how it's good to see his evolution as a player (he was in dedicated support role). Furthermore, Tits was missing both Mos and Kamito (or even robstr, which was prioritized over Riggy in previous week), so them snatching up a victory was kinda suprising (not shocking tho). I'd even argue they did it in an convincing matter - with 60% possesion, 20 to 9 shots, and better passing+steals... Goalies did good this match, especially Gust with 81%. Fisch got (another?) MVP and made a strong case for himself as maybe even a regular in Main, and Dalton put 2 in, enough for this weeks HoF. Loogik and Destro could not get thru opponents defense, with the only goal coming from BoooM, their second best rated players points-wise aside from Gust. Considering the depth Tits has, I don't think Loogik will take this loss very hard, since it was always gonna be a hard match no matter what, but it's bound to be Tyrion-missing-Vapour-but-still-lost level of disappointing :mrgreen:

Game 2: Vogin vs Loogik
http://i.imgur.com/K9w6YGE.png

With how well Vogin played last week, I expected a really good match, and both teams delivered. Close match in every aspect, ending 2-1 in favor of Loogik, with BoooM getting MVP, and Gust once again doing really well, this time being second best in pts overall (and not just in his team). Destro unexpected movement produced the deciding goal, whereas Sanji was the only one to put his team on the scoreboard. The story of this game for me at least was R4 MasuNinja on bench, and owner in rotation. It opens up the questions what happens if Folero was not missing, or to be more precise, is this a team that will not have a clear lineup for most of the season? Even I argued their Probe starts only after Round7, but I would've still expected their R4 to get some love when he actually shows up, so yeah, I'm not sure I agree with the philosophy that's being implemented here, cuz come playoffs, owner can only field 3 skaters, and everything else is just allowing self-doubt to creep in amidst his own ranks, or even worse, screwing over a player (or two?) out of Probe playoffs for bench role, which most people that are borderline Main dread.

Game 3: Vogin vs Coftea
http://i.imgur.com/bfrqta8.png

And bad luck continues for Coftea. This time loss came in overtime instead of shoot-outs, but damn, it has to sting. Cofteas team played well once again, won out on possession and passing, and even got MVP (Lime with 2 goals+97pts), but it just wasn't enough. Vogin played MasuNinja this time, and it payed off, since he was arguably best player on their rooster (Sanji did score twice however). Dalton was casting and he summed up the game perfectly before it even started, by joking about how it's gonna be Sanjis snipes attempts (7-23 in pass/p.rec) vs Lime short corner attempts. Was still enjoyable to watch though :mrgreen: :lol: Not much else to say, Coftea has full attendance and it's sad how unfortunate they've been so far.

Game 4: Tyrion vs Tomek
http://i.imgur.com/BsmPU57.png

Full lineups were present. It's wasn't ez game like score suggests, with 17 to 15 shot attempts, same possession, and a bit more fluent passing on Tyrions side. Ted was the difference, he got 93% and continued his amazing run. Tyrion had some technical difficulties, so let's assume that was really him and not Lingking smurfing, even tho it's weird cuz he finally scored more than 1 goal :lol: :twisted: Vapour shared MVP with him, and I have to mention Doll once again, really solid stuff, making life a bit easier on Ted. On the other side, passing wasn't as good as it usually is, but chances were there, just lacking in finishing. Sittingduck got 76% which is his worst save percentage so far, and it wasn't enough for a positive score vs massive offensive potential dwarfs team has when Vapour is around.

Game 5: handsumSnail vs Tomek
http://i.imgur.com/u60rs8M.png

This was a hard pill to swallow. My team played so well, had the puck 10 seconds before timer runs out with goal up, but fucked up and then even lost in shoot-outs. Sittingduck wasn't MVP but he should've been considering he allowed only 2/22. Slide got the crown, but also showed that this #passion crisis is taking its toll on his finishing, cuz this is the second goalie he practically made famous. Passing was very good on our side, and definitely better for Tomeks team compared to previous game. Sunshine did a very good job once again, but I feel like people are almost overlooking him cuz he's always on the side that produces more chances. That will probably change in few days. :mrgreen: I have to single out Tenchi, who is playing way above my expectations. Also, Poodle at -13 s/t is funny af :mrgreen: :lol:

Game 6: handsumSnail vs Maget

Maget was missing 3/4 mainers, so mercy rule wasn't really surprising. Good stuff for Slide confidence, I won't lie. :mrgreen: I have no idea why Maget trusted NA Probie over Lavrans, maybe it was the only way to avoid technical loss in Probe. And since this was a roflstomp, let's talk about Probe League, since a lot of people had objections to my decision, including my team mates. Basically, I was asked to allow Corsinus and Alecto play, which is in direct violation of the current rules. Why? Cuz Corsinus can indeed play in opposite role as he did, but he's round2, so that's no bueno. As for Alecto, he played both games as skater, which is even worse. My explanation why I allowed this to happen is that I was looking forward to the challenge, and I don't like the mindset where people value that 1 extra point from EUPL so much they would rather collect technical win over valuable experience. Last season, I allowed Junky as free agent in Probe, with the same mindset in place -- xp>pts. The only time I would make exception to this pattern of behavior is when I think someone is feloning. More on that in few days. :P

Analysis

Things are looking good for Tyrion, the only 3 for 3 team so far (plus 2 pts from Probe), putting them in small advantage over 2nd place Loogik, whose Probies contributed full pts, so the difference is only 2 pts in combined standings. Speaking of Tyrion, his form is bad news for Coftea, cuz they play each other next, so we should be in for a treat come Sunday, maybe another overtime? :lol: Tomek is doing really well in Main in contrast to what people expected from them, but as I predicted, they have huge issues in Probe, and that is setting them back a lot - with less risky draft Tomek could've been 3rd right now, which would've been the biggest suprise of the season.

As is, Vogin gladly took that title away from them, and is providing upsets on a regular basis - again, based on people's predictions. AngryTits is stable despite (slight?) attendance issues, and will probably be happy to face both teams coming his way, especially considering the fact my Main is struggling a bit (yet is somehow still 3rd -> OP probies!), whereas Maget is simply put RIP without Maldu, who might miss out Sunday. There was some talk of postponing the game, but I'm not sure what was decided. Either way, Maget needs the win badly, so let's hope Tits likes vodka, or whatever other bribe Maget can muster up on such a short notice :mrgreen: In conclusion, there was activity in transfer market, but nothing Main-related, so I'll skip it for now...

p.s. ...cuz I'll do Probe recap if i can make the time.

--hS
Solidifyer
Battle.net Name: Solidifyer
Battle.net Char Code: 2227

Post by Solidifyer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:02 am

Great stuff as usual snail ! Keep up the awesome work. #snail4president