Draft GOD S7 analysis

handsumSnail
Battle.net Name: handsumSnail
Battle.net Char Code: 312
Battle.net Server: EU

Draft GOD S7 analysis

Post by handsumSnail » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:06 am

Hello fans, are you ready to be educated?!

LOGIK DRAFT

R1: Logik

As S6 first pick overall, and previously LM/Owner in S5, he was banned for combo clicker and I was not expecting him back this soon, to be completely honest. He royally fucked over his team and poor Shaftman, and I can only assume him insta-admitting and repenting is what made LMs show mercy so soon. Had he remained banned, I don't think a lot of people would object, but considering heavy losses inflicted to EU's manpower by SQUIK power-base, I'm not entirely shocked he was given a 2nd chance now that I think about it. Regarding his form and skill, I'll be happy to discuss that in S8, cuz I don't feel like praising a cheater atm. And no Snail is not a bully to you Logik, and yes I think we always remained frends except for that short episode u had in S5, but I know how much you enjoy power rankings so if i can ruin it for you just a little bit, maybe you'll know how Eiki, Tits, Rig and others felt last season. Or in short; sry not sry. :P

R2: Lavrans (Shiotbreak) 75%

Back in season 5, I made it public I feel bLame, Alecto and Lavrans are the break-out players - the future. Even tho I was off by a season, I'm glad to see Lavrans make it big. He was part of the champion team last season, did well in probe, made an apperance in main, but also had attendance issues. Seeing 75% now, and acknowledging the fact that guys like Dalton, Locas etc. were available, I have to say Logik took a big gamble here. Now, I've seen Lavrans in practice and he improved a shit-ton during my 2 month felon-induced break, so there's no doubt he'll do well to put goals in. My only problem with this pick is the fact Logik locked himself out of dedicated striker role, which I find weird. Not because Logik cant support or defend - quite the opposite in fact - but mostly due to his history. Remember, in S5, his team was struggling a lot when he had to share the offense with Destro, and only shined (made finals, should've won) after Strymx took over as full support. And that wasnt because Destro couldn't produce, it was more due to Logiks patterns of behavior where he's happy to play whatever the team needs, until they go down a goal, when he maybe even subconsciously abandons the formation and goes to score - no matter what. This usually results in someone RQ-ing his team, or at best, feeling insecure, therefore not playing to one's full ability. Time will tell.

R3: Sunshine 75%

Best goalie on EU in my mind, not much to tell. Currently with most rings on EU if I'm not mistaken, a great personality, will practice if called upon even tho he likes to pretend his #passion is not there anymore, tolerates bullshit while still making it clear how he feels, has experience with Logik in S4, and overall just an amazing person to be around. Any team would be like to have him. You want to win? Draft Sunny.

R4: tenkz 50-75%

Quote: "Not going to be nearly as active, only showed up for my boy Poodle". Reading is hard I guess. Basically, if you're owner and you don't bother reading attendance notes, you deserve to get shat-on whole season long. And that's exactly what would've happened, if tenkz wasn't such a great guy. Yes ha-ha funny Snail with his memes, but bare with me. I was tenkzs (somewhere, a Hungarian is fapping right now) teammate in S6 and I can only say extremely positive things about him, despite the fact most people see him in a different light. With Poodle mashing his head over the keyboard - aka drafting - the worst probe team ever, tenkz played all games as goalie (opposite role rule) for us. His patience with completely clueless teammates, his positive attitude during some really hard times and big losing streaks, and ultimately sticking with the team until the bitter end (aka 3v4 in main playoffs with half team banned) - is something I applaud. Cynics will claim it's cuz he doesn't give a shit, but I'd argue otherwise, else when Poodle and DH mysteriously disappeared in effort to get Mets eliminated and give Solid a spot in playoffs, he would've just gone offline and not bothered. Instead, he was left with never-seen-on-EU Bulbassaur (who he at time thought was an NA pubber BuBBa) and forever-bad handsumSnail, facing Solids full main lineup. And won. Yet somehow, people still think Poodle solo carried that season and was the only reason for their success prior to Junkies purification (I'm saying it was a team effort). Personally, I've not seen any NAs do as well as tenkz did in his rookie season, and even overall, I wouldn't compare consistency of his performances to anyone outside of Vapour (Mets comes close). So I feel like getting him as late as R4 was a robbery, should you be able to make him increase his attendance. And that is exactly what we're trying to do, and will hopefully be successful. Stay tuned!

MAIN impression

To summarise, if Logik got a defender, I'd argue he's a favorite to win the whole thing. As is, it's likely he'll play def, with tenkz in offensive support and Lavrans on crease, with heavy rotations. Which is imo not taking full advantage of his strengths. It can still work, it can even be really good cuz they have Sunshine, but it's a lineup that will never reach its full potential. And that's fine, because it speaks more about how truly imba they can be, and not how good they already are.

R5: generalxl 50%

One of the only 3 attendance locked players for S7. I'll just say that after risky r4 pick, this was a criminal decision. His attendance note also speaks volumes. And let's not forget he is not exactly known for his defense. Now, for me personally, I'm super excited to finally play with general (same as neX last season, I have great respect for old TWKH, except Jerky), and if we assume tenkz situation will be resolved, I get a beast in probe, which is great. I've seen a lot of owners do shit like this in r5 and even though I personally go the complete opposite route (ctrl+f "R5: bLame"), I can understand it. Even rusty attendance locked general is god-tier for probe level so there's value here. However after speaking with general it's pretty clear where his priorities are (rightly so), and the best I can hope for is we occasionally get free wins during regular season, and I somehow make him come for playoffs. On a bright side, his activity level makes it so that he has literally 0 issues playing probe and that's wonderful cuz probe lives matter.

R6: handsumSnail

I had best save % 2 seasons straight and got R9 both times. Then i start afk fapping on field and get 2xR6. Horrible decision. There was at least 2 full rounds of better fielders the moment Snail got drafted. The only upside is I'm one of the rare probies that enjoys defending (and i can still opt-in should the need arise), so I actually might get some playtime. I guess I should thank Logik after all. :mrgreen:

R7: isKEK 75%

Aside from the fact he can't play after 19h, Kekster is a very solid probe player and I'm surprised he was still available in R7. Reason why I don't trust him is his occasional lag issues, his stubbornness to adapt to the system (for example in S5 it was clear everybody around him was incapable of playing def and below his level, yet he insisted on more offensive role - and IMO you should play to win not to have fun, cuz winning is fun amirite), and his overall activity. If I had to compare him with someone I'd say he's a better version of Anon, in terms of his approach to EUDL. However, just by looking at raw talent, he has proven me wrong on so many occasions by now it's not even funny anymore. In conclusion, really good pick here - if stars align.

R8: Elharion 75%

For some reason most owners drafted goalies as late as R8, which is very different compared to previous seasons, and weird considering goalies arguably have more influence in probe than in main (cuz defenses are equally bad or non-existent, and strikers are less lethal, unlike in main where you can really take advantage of even a superb goalie if his team is zzz). Nonetheless, Elharion was a good pickup for us, and I can only assume he was drafted so late because of the Ozy-effect. As in, when I first met him he seemed like someone who (really) enjoyed talking just for talking, didn't think his arguments through and just generally annoyed people with how condescending he can be. However same as Ozy he grows on you and he seems to be well assimilated into the NA scene now, and I'm sure we can do the same on EU, if it hasn't happened already. As for his playing skills, on NA pubs he had pretty decent field, which is great if we ever decide to rotate goalies (depends on how abusive EU strikers will be to his ping), and he seems very pro-active, something I really appreciate in people. He was elected our probe captain and so far everything he said made a lot of sense. If he continues being open to suggestions I think our team can go on to do great things this season. My only objection so far would be that he has decreased his EU activity, and considering he's surrounded by teammates who are still very enthusiastic about the season, it's on him to take full advantage.

R9: Watermelon

One of the best to ever play the game. Jukes like Mick Jagger. Locked 50% but it won't count cuz R9. First time on EU, west ping. Promised full activity. Even shows up for practice. Fucking jackpot. Praise Buddha! (In all seriousness, probably the most likely candidate to fill for main should they ever need players, he's performing amazing considering he's west)

R10: Cubs

This guy just doesn't get enough love. Aside from Kurt and Vapour, the most loyal NA player to EUDL. Shows up fairly regularly every season, doesn't make drama, benches if it's needed, has good output when on field, just overall very solid. He locked 50% but I think he'll make more. His big weakness IMO is how much his play style is dependent on clicks (remember, last time i did this review I focused on his delay as well, and for a good reason), but I'm glad that he recognizes and even admits it on our discord, cuz that means we can then work around it. #justice4Cubs

R11: benibomb 75%

In his rookie season gets #1 scorer and makes HoF in like >half categories, then ends up as only R12 (I draft him for my tinyMurlocs). I'm outraged in the review, can't believe I got him that late, but still trade him out to Tomek cuz Snail is such a DRAFT GOD he won probe with r9/r11 in key roles (and kicked out SANJI from main playoffs, lest we forget!). With benibomb being active it was shame to make him bench considering his goal output so I'm glad he got regular spot with Tomek, and even tho he skipped s6 I still see so much potential in him it's unbelievable how overlooked he is. In fact, I asked him if he's a smurf cuz I dont think anyone should be that good with how little he plays. Luckily he didn't take offense. And oh, he's SQUIK, so you never know. :mrgreen:

R12 & R13: HanSolo & jazda

I'm not qualified to give a good comment here. I'll just say that when pubbers lock skater, it tells me a lot.

PROBE impression

I'll end up on bench by the end of season, if things go according to plan and we make general/beni great again, or elha builds the damn wall! Sad life. Should mean we win season again, tho. Yeah I don't mind this draft at all, good stuff. :mrgreen:

p.s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

--hS
SwedishDoll
Battle.net Name: SwedishDoll
Battle.net Char Code: 162

Re: Draft GOD S7 analysis

Post by SwedishDoll » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 am

Somebody asked for fuel...here it comes...

SNAIL FUEL
Dalton
Battle.net Name: IBDerping
Battle.net Char Code: 2820

Post by Dalton » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 am

LoOgiK
Battle.net Name: BlackPhilou
Battle.net Char Code: 2169

Post by LoOgiK » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:01 pm

handsumSnail wrote: (and kicked out SANJI from main playoffs, lest we forget!)
sanjy yz terybl LUL wat dy fek
i honestly think than benibomb > sanji
EUDL4 winner #10-0
1st best forum spammer
ZHCL 8 9 Winner
EUDL5 Manager
Redline tourney finalist

VOTE KURT FOR S10 COMMISION
Cubs
Battle.net Name: Cubs
Battle.net Char Code: 781
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Cubs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:03 pm

LoOgiK wrote:
sanji is goat how dare u talk ill bout him he best prboe carrie evar saeson 7 nevar forget

im the kid thatd jump a kid like you
LoOgiK
Battle.net Name: BlackPhilou
Battle.net Char Code: 2169

Post by LoOgiK » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Cubs wrote:
LoOgiK wrote:
sanji is goat how dare u talk ill bout him he best prboe carrie evar saeson 7 nevar forget
sanji is goat how dare u talk ill bout him he best probe carrie evar saeson 7 nevar forget
sanji is goat how dare u talk ill bout him he best probe carrie evar saeson 7
sanji is goat how dare u talk ill bout him he best probe
sanji is goat how dare u talk ill bout him he probe
sanji is goat bout him he probe
sanji is probe
EUDL4 winner #10-0
1st best forum spammer
ZHCL 8 9 Winner
EUDL5 Manager
Redline tourney finalist

VOTE KURT FOR S10 COMMISION
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by LittleDicky » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 am

This is an impressive analysis. You put a lot of effort into this, can't wait for next parts.
I think i can go as far as to risk saying that when fully completed, it will be almost as great as the recent Junky analysis.
AngryTits
Battle.net Name: AngryT1ts
Battle.net Char Code: 2857

Post by AngryTits » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Good analysis. 8-)
We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky

Post by LittleDicky » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm

AngryTits wrote:We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?
Ac
DerrocK
Battle.net Name: Junky

Post by DerrocK » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Good analysis. Are u going to make every team analysis like this? Its very elaborate and looks like it took a long time. 1 per week maybe?
COTEP W
EZHL S1 W
EU Open W
NA ZHPL S5 W
EUS2 Regular Season W, Commish, AllStar
EU Redline W
EUS6 Commish
Swedish Open 2v2 W
DaGOAT ZHCL Rings: 2
Best Support ZHPL S11
Nº1 EU Forum Poster
Immortals on ice Rings: 3