ZHCL on hold for uncertain time

valenz
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0
Battle.net Server: EU

ZHCL on hold for uncertain time

Post by valenz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:09 am

ZHCL on break (others would call it an end)

the recent state / events lead to my decision to put Clan Ladder on a break, which i will most likely not end (meaning i not gonna resume it myself)

here are some of the whys?
- attendance is not the worst but it certainly was not great
- breaking your own rules to prevent casting less than 4v4 is not good
- not respecting rules in Clan Ladder (which i was ok with) encourages to transfer that thinking into Draft League. that is counterproductive.
- i’m not capable to prevent smurfing (sometimes i don’t even notice when shady stuff is pretty obvious going on). i’m not willing to waste somebody else time just to prevent little “jimmy” from playing on 2 different accounts. if you have criminal energy to spare maybe dilute some orange juice and sell it to your neighbours, but zh should not be the place for that just because it’s easy.
- i feel we had a good time: 137 clan matches in 20 “seasons” starting oct 25th 2015 is pretty ok. that is more than 1 clan match being played per week for about 2.5 years (hope my math is right)

Does that mean the end for clans in zh?
- well im feeling sorry for Auron because they just joined. on the other hand it’s now up to the clans themselves to stay connected without old valenz trying to force you in your weekly match.

what about the current deadlines?
- if you wanna play that’s ok. (especially for daGOAT SQUIK bo5). I will not stream / cast any competitive zh (elo excluded; just in case) for some weeks.
- since clan ladder does not really have an ending it’s impossible to stop at a point where it looks finished. finishing the 5 already started “seasons” is not an option for me and would be awkward.

what about the future?
- i can see myself helping out in a possible DL s8 to a certain extend (well see how helpful i can be)
- i can see myself streaming/casting DL games even though it would be nice to get more people involved like guys from overseas are doing it
- i can see myself starting an “event” during one day of the week when DL s 8 runs. King of the Hill bo1 show matches where just 4 accounts that like playing with each other face 4 other accounts. so that would be something to keep in mind before you RQ all your clan activities because of the “end” of clan “competition”. don’t expect any form of google sheet that keeps track of your incredible achievements for that. maybe, maybe not.
depends also on the format of possible s8.

thanks to ALL the clans and their leaders for making this possible. especially the teams who stuck around for quite some time. Special shoutout to KingMe who were always pretty friendly and trying their best with a significant ping disadvantage.
Also thx to all casters/streamers and the people who had an open ear for my problems and gave me feedback <3.

this is harder to write than i expected so i stop now :)
~valenz
how to pass?
LittleDicky
Battle.net Name: LittleDicky

Re: ZHCL on hold for uncertain time

Post by LittleDicky » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:40 am

thank you for all o/

Don't worry guys, remember we still have an incoming patch to look into!
Tenkz
Battle.net Name: Tenkz
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Tenkz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:13 pm

all the fucking lag macros ruined the league honestly
Slide
Battle.net Name: slide
Battle.net Char Code: 824

Post by Slide » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Great guy valenz
Draft league (EUDL s2) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL3) : winner
Draft league (EUDL4) : winner
Draft League (ZHL8) : finalist
Draft league (EUDL6) : finalist (LUL)
Draft league (EUDL8) : winner
44 000 gambling Marker bot
Dalton
Battle.net Name: IBDerping
Battle.net Char Code: 2820

Post by Dalton » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 am

Thanks for running it for so long, you the best.
Kurt_58
Legend
Battle.net Name: Kurt
Battle.net Char Code: 638
Battle.net Server: NA

Post by Kurt_58 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:48 am

Valenz, the peoples champion. You were too good for this world. Good night sweet price...