Battle.net Name: htcp
Battle.net Char Code: 332
Battle.net Server: NA

S8 Registration is LIVE

Post by htcp » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:14 pm

http://www.zealothockey.net/register/

Go and sign up for Season 8.

The starting date is still tentative.

NOTE ---- BIGGEST CHANGE: ATTENDANCE LOCKED PLAYERS ARE LOCKED TO 2/5 GAMES IN PLAYOFFS. BE WARY.
i'm tom
Kholin
Battle.net Name: Kholin
Battle.net Char Code: 610

Re: S8 Registration is LIVE

Post by Kholin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:34 pm

I don't get the thing with attendance, whats the point of having a "locking" mechanism if all the attendances are locked. IE the note says that if you play about the lets say 90% mark then its an auto forfeit. Whats the point of locking then?
      • Dont worry, Im a Koalafied goalie
krazymen
Battle.net Name: krazymen
Battle.net Char Code: 249

Post by krazymen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:09 pm

if you are locked you can only play 7 games regular season and 2/5 in each playoffs series, the attendance is to let the owners know your estimate of attendance not a forced attendance.
Bowling trophy (birthday trophy)
Achieved level 105 in starcraft 2
Undefeated in 5v5
self proclaimed director of ironic trophies
htcp
Battle.net Name: htcp
Battle.net Char Code: 332

Post by htcp » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 pm

NOTE: attendance has been changed on the sign up sheet, there are now only 3 attendance options, locked attendance, 60-80%, 80%+. We are moving all past 50-60% slots into 60-80% and ask anyone with the 60-90% slot to resubmit their form.
i'm tom
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:20 pm

htcp wrote:NOTE: attendance has been changed on the sign up sheet, there are now only 3 attendance options, locked attendance, 60-80%, 80%+. We are moving all past 50-60% slots into 60-80% and ask anyone with the 60-90% slot to resubmit their form.
have you considered an alternative approach to attendance locks - "sundays only" or "weekdays only", for players who are specifically restricted by a set schedule. the current system screws players who can only play sundays, as they must lock themselves out of 3/5ths of playoffs despite knowing they could play them.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:05 am

We want the playoffs to be a reflection of the regular season for each teams. Hence the lock for playoffs if you are lock for regular season, that way the playoffs has less potential of being completely different from the final standings while still allowing for upsets. The schedule of playoffs being different from the schedule of the regular season is a big reason why the lock is necessary for playoffs. The lock is a tool for players that wont be able to make all the games while not being overdrafted, since playoffs are a lot more important we do not want owners to draft players locked just for the playoff potential. With the lock they know beforehand what they can get out of the player and can judge their team setup more efficiently.
Undefeated in 5v5
Watermelon
Battle.net Name: Watermelon
Battle.net Char Code: 1918

Post by Watermelon » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:49 am

krazymen wrote:We want the playoffs to be a reflection of the regular season for each teams. Hence the lock for playoffs if you are lock for regular season, that way the playoffs has less potential of being completely different from the final standings while still allowing for upsets. The schedule of playoffs being different from the schedule of the regular season is a big reason why the lock is necessary for playoffs. The lock is a tool for players that wont be able to make all the games while not being overdrafted, since playoffs are a lot more important we do not want owners to draft players locked just for the playoff potential. With the lock they know beforehand what they can get out of the player and can judge their team setup more efficiently.
ok, but understand that i'm signing up unlocked while still indicating i will be missing a lot of games - this is to remain eligible for sunday playoffs despite my weekday unavailability.
S4 Champ | Playoff MVP | "Best Owner"
EUDL7 Champ
BaseTradeTV ZH3K Winner
record for most goals in a ZHL game: http://www.zealothockey.net/event/450/
Counter_This
Battle.net Name:
Battle.net Char Code: 0

Post by Counter_This » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 am

krazymen wrote:The schedule of playoffs being different from the schedule of the regular season
That point right there is why the Lock should not carry into the playoffs. If they are different schedules how is a lock for one schedule suppose to then limit a players availability on a different schedule. If you have two separate schedules there should be a separate lock option instead of one for two separate things.
krazymen

Post by krazymen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:55 am

We want the playoffs to be a reflection of the regular season for each teams. It is a tool, if you dont need that tool, that is okay.

If you have further questions please pm management.

thank you.
Undefeated in 5v5
l)arkangel
Battle.net Name: Darkangel
Battle.net Char Code: 1457

Post by l)arkangel » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 am

Watermelon wrote:i'm signing up unlocked while still indicating i will be missing a lot of games - this is to remain eligible for sunday playoffs despite my weekday unavailability.
same-ish. Probalby can't make most Sunday games, but would most likely be able to make playoffs.
*S5 Champion*

Player Profile